Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 6:14 am

Agemaki wrote:
I've recently been made aware of a support group for partners of autistics run by a psychologist and author named Kathy Marshack. Apparently she advocates intentionally causing meltdowns in order to win favor in divorce litigations. I'm trying to learn more about her organization but it is closed to autistics. My understanding is that it is a kind of hate group.

My hope is that future generations of autistics will be able to live in world less poisoned by hate and fear by people like Kathy Marshack and organizations like Autism Speaks. My husband and I hope to have a baby in the next few years and given that we are both autistic it is likely that our child will be as well. I can only hope for a more tolerant world for our future child.

And she claims that we're the abusive ones? Intentionally causing meltdowns is abusive behaviour, so that means that she advocates abuse against autistics. I've known about Kathy Marshack for a number of years, there's another thread about her here:

http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=286104

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 11:38 am

It also pisses me off when one AS person is described as much more able than another especially if they have an almost identical thinking learning style and the thoughts are highly intelligent.