Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Sling
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Sep 2008, 11:00 am

I live in Oakfield, Ryde on the Isle of Wight, which is a relatively small Island a few miles away from mainland Britain. It's basically the Tatooine of the world. Luckily I live in the one of the large towns and not one of the various villages, hamlets and farms carttered around the countryside otherwise I would most likely have bottled gas and no broadband. I'm not joking, the west side of the Island is just a vast expanse of fields and random farms and shiz. There is like 2 towns at the far western end but it's like 2 hours drive from the nearest big town. You can look it up on Wikipedia. Basically, the clocks stopped in the 1950s and its taken until now for the council to "slick things up".

I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome when I was kid. My mum is always the first person to make a big deal with it yet conviently ignores it when it suits her. I am obssessed with the guitar and music both of which I'm apparantly supposed to be crap at, n64 and computers, certain video games like Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Body Harvest and video game series like Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Command & Conquer , I read tons of fantasy and sci-fi novels sometimes amalgamations of both, I read tons of science articles and books, I'm suprisingly into philosophy and theology, where again, both of which aparantly I should be crap at. I like computer stuff. I got a National Diploma in IT which is pretty good although I'm doing music now. I want to get a doctorate in Music which would be awesome. I would obviously like to be in a band although if that doesn't happen I would like to be a composer music teacher or a musicologist. School was s**t. I kept getting in trouble for correcting teachers mistakes, daydreaming, not paying attention to stuff I already knew. Some teachers thought I plaguerised my work from the internet for writing stuff that was too advanced when a)I didn't have the internet at the time b)I didn't even have a computer then. I did badly in exams but really well in coursework. I got a D and E in GCSE English but I've been told I have the English understanding and ability of an A* A-Level but that my point of reference and shiz like that is a bit bizzare. Super use of colloquisms.

In case you haven't guessed, I like to explain stuff. I can go on for a bit. I'm not that great at putting thoughts and feelings into words or desribing certain things and so I can waffle a bit. Suprisingly I can understand Satire, Sarcasm and Irony pretty well but not all the time. I can be pedantic without meaning to be. I just find it annoying when people get things wrong and/or use fallacious arguments and so on. I swing between marvel at the world and extreme bitter Nihilism at times. On one hand everything in the world and universe is beautiful and there are nice people and then on the other hand you have black-hearted hatemongers destroying the earth and attacking others literally and figuratively. "We may be the most intelligent beings on the planet but we are also the most inconsitant. Sometimes to find true peace in our existence we sometimes create a logic that destroys our very lives". I also dislike liars and hypocrites, especially when they are trying to convey their ideals to others and especially when stupid people believe them.

I believe in God and read The Bible and go to church. It's pretty good. People are like, "Oohh, religion is BS!1one11eleven!!" and all that. Every worldview has got some form of terror attributed to it and pretty much everybody has a worldview that influences their thoughts and actions. People are like "You can't believe in God and be scientific". I don't really care. In the end I was put of Atheism by people like Richard Dawkins. He may be a good scientist but he can't open his mouth without mentioning religion or slagging theistic people off and I can't help but think "Shut up! I want to hear stuff about science!". I'm pretty unopposed to certain things and indifferent but when I dislike something you can tell. It's funny when people try and wind me up and it never works as I am always nonchalant. It takes a lot to make me angry.

Anyway that's more or less it. Oh, I love Metal, Baroque and Electronica music. You can check my MySpace if you wish.
Ltr...

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 1:40 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

autism
Toucan
Toucan

13 Sep 2008, 2:43 pm

Hello

Welcome to the Wrong Planet Forums.

The only thing I got was the error message because I have to reboot my best friend sometimes.

I have two cousins and a younger sibling who have Asperger Syndrome.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 2:50 pm

"Hello," Sling. Glad to see you on Wrong Planet. I believe in God and enjoy reading the Bible as well. I also enjoyed very much your description of Oakfield, Ryde on the Isle of Wight. Be sure to take care now.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 2:59 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Sling
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Sep 2008, 4:41 pm

Thanks =]

Here's a few more adjectives: working class, vegetarian, bearded, insane, creative, non-conformist and random. Also, antidisestablishment.

I also forgot to mention: Jazz and Prog. Opeth and Meshuggah are the best bands ever, imo. I like video game and soundtrack music and reading Dostoevsky amongst other things.

wilbury
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Sep 2008, 4:59 pm

Welcome Sling! :D

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 5:37 pm

Nice to meet you, Sling. :) 8)

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 12:52 am

Your presence here pleases the Techno Viking.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 1:46 am

Welcome to the Forums Sling :)

L.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Sep 2008, 6:06 am

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 8:22 pm

Sling wrote:
"We may be the most intelligent beings on the planet but we are also the most inconsitant. Sometimes to find true peace in our existence we sometimes create a logic that destroys our very lives". I also dislike liars and hypocrites, especially when they are trying to convey their ideals to others and especially when stupid people believe them.

Hi Sling, welcome I tend to agree with you, the politics is often insane, and maybe more of a control things... you may enjoy this link someone send me earlier....
http://www.rdos.net/copies/as-intelligence.htm
"performance into disease categories rather than genetic differences", "Among the wrongs here, to the sad use of misdiagnosis to cover for institutional incompetence, we have to add distortion of the scientific method for social purposes and refusal to tolerate superior traits in individuals...."

Everyone I guess has a need to protect what they see as right, effective or not. I feel its about time we took control of our own destines :wink: