Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Jeno
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Sep 2008, 7:27 pm

Well, found this so I'll start with this lil template and go from there ^^

What is your first name: Jeno

Hobbies and Interests: Alot of them lol. Medicine, Spirituality, anatomy, music, comedy, martial arts, friends

Why are you here: Learn and let learn

When were you diagnosed: Around when I was 6

Favorite subjects: Music, comedy, anatomy, medicine, random stuff

Year/Grade: HS grad

Favorite music: Here's the long list again lol. Flyleaf, paramore, my own songs, incubus, michael jackson, leaves eyes. There's alot more, trust me

Books: Any Stephen King Novel, LOTR series

TV shows/Movies: House, Burn Notice, NCIS, Ultimate Fighter, Comedy Central, South Park

Instrument: Guitar(Though it took me years to get my dexterity to agree with me), Ocarina

Do you like sports: Yes, alot. Martial arts and various sports.

Family: I have lots of it, trust me. My family is HUGE

Clothing: Mostly go with a combination of comfy and stylish

How did you find this website: Wiking through neurological disorders, eventually found a link to here

Job: None atm, currently applying for various colleges

Plans for the future: Medicine, Music, and various other things. Mostly the first one though ^_^

Any comments: And now, here comes the assembled jamble of random jabber :P

Heh, in all seriousness though. The name's Jeno. Not the one I was born with so it's a nickname. As well, you'll probably notice that amongst other things, I'm random. Let that be the key fact about me and we'll use it as a milestone marker for when something I say doesn't compute with you ^_^

But yes, I was diagnosed with AS quite the time ago and, don't quite remember much about it at the moment, I'll get back to you on it though.

I am also living proof that treatments and all the other fun things they love to do with those that don't fit the 'normal parameters' both succeeded and failed. By succeed and fail, I mean this:

Succeed: In this, some things have become noticed to me as improved. My dexterity and motor skills compared to all those years ago is much greater than even those awesome neurologists thought possible. From not being able to hold a pencil right to being able play almost all of the first solo to Freebird. Anyone who's familiar with Freebird will understand just how great a leap this is. Adding onto success, I can read body language and facial cues with efficiency that allows me to not have to stare at people to read them anymore. Adding onto it, my oversensitivity to various things due to horrible sensory integration has gone from spewed and scrambled to localized extremes. My hands are hypersensitive to temperature, my mouth hypersensitive to texture, and my eyes to light. Everything else though, is conventionally numb. And for social integrity, I went from being a ghost to being a prom king nominee(I didn't win but I was up there)

Failed: I say failed in tones of everyone else's thoughts and not my own. I'm still random and sporadic at times. And honestly, that isn't going to change. That's just me. I'm not normal and honestly, don't really care much for normal. Normal is placid at best and has no ingenuity or creativity. Everyone that is 'normal' is controlled by the fear that not being so will cause ridicule and isolation. And well, I've been ridiculed and isolated and honestly, it isn't that bad to me. It's more fun to find those few people outside the circle of self-preservation vs the circled ones forced to barriers of their own fears. I'm fearless!!(Well, except lightning but that's something else entirely)

For anyone that's noticed, I'm quite long-winded. I've come to accept this about myself as well and, have learned a useful tool that helps against it. I call it the pre-emptive warning lol

I basically tell people that I'm prone to making Speeches and they are more than welcome to let me kno if I ramble. I give everyone here those same rights ^_^

And as well, I'm also Hypercurious and hyperlexic. In general, If curiosity did indeed kill the cat, I would have wasted away nine lives in five minutes. And I'm stubborn about learning what I want to learn as well. Hiding information from me is difficult to do I suppose. As well, I generally read alot though not anymore, since I've read ever book I found interesting already.

Medical Encyclopedias, Stephen King Novels, and the like pretty much.

Trust me, there is ALOT more to me than this but, why ruin the fun of discovery? ^_^

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 7:28 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Brook-lynn20
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Sep 2008, 7:53 pm

Hi!

Jeno
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Sep 2008, 8:36 pm

Thanks for the welcomes so far

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 9:41 pm

Hi and welcome to Wrong Planet, Jeno. Thanks for introducing yourself, Jeno. You certainly are living an interesting life. Certainly wish all the best for you in your studies in medicine and music. Be sure to take care now.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 9:48 pm

Nice to meet you, Jeno. :) 8)

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 10:34 pm

Wherever you go, there you are.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 10:49 pm

Welcome to WP! :)

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 12:59 am

Your presence here pleases the Techno Viking.

foul_ball
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Sep 2008, 2:10 am

Freebird!! Seriously, that's rad. Those Lynrd Skynrd boys had some serious chops.

Welcome!

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Sep 2008, 6:04 am

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 8:35 pm

Jeno wrote:
^_^ Let that be the key fact about me and we'll use it as a milestone marker for when something I say doesn't compute with you ^_^
Succeed: In this, some things have become noticed to me......
Failed: I say failed in tones of everyone else's thoughts.....

Hi Jeno, welcome a lot of what I say at times does not compute with everyone, but have learn to live with my often jumbled thoughts... I see my complex mind as a huge computer, that rarely switches off... does have a few shut downs now and again :wink:

I do not judge myself with what I "secce in or fail at" but as a person who will always by an aspie with many neurological differences... of course I have learned to adapt, change, grow as everyone does on this planet....

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 2:02 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Sling
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Sep 2008, 2:38 pm

It's good to see that you've progressed.

I haven't had any treatments but I complete most video games in a matter of hours and I can play Glasgow Kiss by John Petrucci (minus solos atm) and all of Black Water Park by Opeth. I'm also really good at philosophy. I can also read emotions more easily and readily understand satire, sarcasm and irony. This was simply self-determination. I went from guy who used to beat up everybody for silly trivial things to the guy everybody loves. All I can say is, IN YOUR FACE NEUROLOGICAL EXPERTS. I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUPPLEMENT IT WITH MY OWN!! !.

Keep it up and, also, welcome!