Should women become more superficial?

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 5:15 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

Low standards can mean anything from no personailty to a guy who is a total jerk as well, not just looks. Of course you can date anyone you wish to, and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

Trust me, I know a lot of total jerks with women they don't deserve.

With the jerks thing, I've read posts on here and a lot of guys think that women go for jerks and they want to know how to act more like a jerk. :? There is also the saying that nice guys finish last. :shrug: I wouldn't say I believe it, I do wonder sometimes.

As for women judging men on looks. Of course they totally do, I think they are more polite about it because they are more sensitive about their own looks and don't want to hurt peoples feelings. Where as guys are not as sensitive about their own looks so are not always aware that they are hurting other peoples feelings.

I'd say men probably judge women on their looks more than what women do. Maybe that is why women are more sensitive about their looks so the stakes maybe higher.Though I'm still not sure.

But in the dating game it seems that men find it harder than women, women reject men more than men reject women. It could be due to men asking women out more than women asking men out. But even when a couple starts going out I'm pretty sure it is the women that dumps the guy more than the guy dumping the girl. (though I don't know for sure) I find dating pretty much rejection city and believe me it isn't easy on your self esteem and I probably have trust issues now, it is hard because it knocks your confidence(which is another thing that women really judge us on).

So women may be judged harder(if they really are) on their looks more, but they are luckier that they are judged less harshly in other areas.

I'm actually fine with superficial people, be the best you can, if that isn't good enough just move on to the next person and hopefully one day you will find someone that truely appreciates you.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 6:02 pm

I am superficial to a certain extent but I think it's boring being completely superficial. I appreciate what's profound my and soul is truly profound. But I want to look attractive, wear trendy clothes. I am happy with the way I look, just wish I was a couple pounds lighter.

Meowpurr
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Sep 2008, 1:28 am

Haliphron wrote:
Meowpurr: much to your dismay you Do NOT decide for other people(yeah, other women) how they act in terms of who they choose for a mate. I wish you the best luck with trying to influence their behaviour though. :wink:

go comb your hair.