Rant: Something embarrassing in the state of NASCAR

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Do you think that what they did to Dale Jr. in the last NASCAR race at Talledega was unfair?
Yes 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Yes 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Undecided 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Undecided 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 12

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2004, 8:22 pm

Stupid Janet Jackson. She starts all this paranoia about obscenity on live television, and now look where its gone to. First it was the Super Bowl, now NASCAR! And the real thing is, Dale Earnhardt Jr. didn't suffer a "wardrobe malfunction", all he did was say the S-word! Where do the stupid FCC and ABC television get all this paranoia! I mean, nine kids out of ten that watch NASCAR probably already swear like sailors! And the docked him 25 points! Like he said, i can understand that they would they would probably dock him 30-something points if he did something stupid
during the race,like bumping another car on purpose, but all he did was say a swearword because he was happy at winning the race! Not that it matters, because he probably is going to lose the Nextel Cup because of his penalty. And now they're going to delay the brodcast by 5 seconds, all because of this. That is definitely going to ruin the quality of the broadcasts. I mean, i know NASCAR, ABC, and the FCC want families to be comfortable watching sports, but there is such a thing as going too far. Any comments on this would be appreciated.

Sorry about the rant...
Archmage

P.S. I don't know whether i should post this in the TV/Entertainment forum or this forum, so i am posting them in both. Enjoy. :P

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2004, 6:47 am

Couldn't they just have bleeped it out? That's what i don't understand. Besides, celebrities are already starting to act even bigger than they are.

:!: Mich :?:

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2004, 10:15 am

Well, it was live TV, and it would take a psychic to know exactly when Jr. was going to say that accurately enough to censor it completely. But we won't have that problem again, thanks to the 5-second delay. :x Count on the FCC to sacrifice true-time graphic quality over the absence of a mild vulgarity.

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2004, 10:09 pm

i don't see anythin wrong with what he said, hey, if they wanna fine people for curseing, come to my school, you'll be a millionaire.