Would you take the cure if offered $1 million?

Page 1 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

MyWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2008, 12:04 am

I'm rather curious.

falcorn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Dec 2008, 12:05 am

i would pay for the cure with my own blood, i would hack my balls of for the cure... ok maybe not. but the blood yes

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 12:43 am

I'd take the one million up front and schedule a day for the cure to be administered to me, but in all excitement of receiving said cure I would forget to make it to the appointment.

DwightF
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Dec 2008, 12:44 am

I'd hack my balls off for $1 million. I've already paid $250 to partially deactivate them, getting paid a "retire right now" sum to go the rest of the way sounds like a steal of a deal. :)

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 12:54 am

Nah.
Not that we don't need the money, but I have nothing to be cured from.

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 1:06 am

Where I'm going, I could very well make that money exactly as I am. My personality, which has done me well thus far, is not for sale.

ike
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 1:09 am

falcorn wrote:
i would pay for the cure with my own blood, i would hack my balls of for the cure... ok maybe not. but the blood yes

Although the value of your blood wasn't very high to begin with and has depreciated some since there are now synthetic alternatives. ;)

EvoVari
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Dec 2008, 1:40 am

You can keep the million dollars. The cure please.

ike
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 1:41 am

I guess it would depend for me... People who come into a windfall, even millions, usually just waste it. I'm pretty certain that I could be an exception (as there are some exceptions), but it's still a concern. I would want to be certain (as much as possible) that the "cure" in my case would not only give me at least average social skills and at the same time not deteriorate my other cognitive functions, which have always tested out very high throughout school, on the ASVAB, etc. If the "cure" only fixed the cause of my poor social skills but didn't actually repair my social skills (imo more likely), then it would be even more important for me to be certain that it wouldn't deteriorate my other cognitive abilities and I'd be much less likely to take it in general, irrespective of the money. But I don't consider a "cure" patently good or bad -- to me it's a somewhat neutral idea because the end results are kind of ambiguous. I'd have to know what the specific end results would be in order to really judge whether it's something I want to do.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 2:09 am

my cuddle swing, my big ushaped body pillow i use to do somesaults along with going upside down on, my weighted blankets i lay under for hourrrs, my stim toys i cant live without such as my cellphone dude, he gets more affection then my bf lol oh well lol...would be a waste then, my bf told me if i ever changed he would leave me, my family wouldnt know what to do with me if i was normal, theyd be like ughhh why arent u flapping lol, this world would be normal without chaotic me lol. I rather pass, being myself is no 50mph carosel(yea i made that up, but that would be fun, heck going in circles that fast i looove), but its been me this long, and changing it now would rather being taking the cowardly way out in my case that is.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 2:24 am

Nope. What I want can't even be bought anyway.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 3:12 am

Age1600 wrote:
my cuddle swing, my big ushaped body pillow i use to do somesaults along with going upside down on, my weighted blankets i lay under for hourrrs, my stim toys i cant live without such as my cellphone dude, he gets more affection then my bf lol oh well lol...would be a waste then, my bf told me if i ever changed he would leave me, my family wouldnt know what to do with me if i was normal, theyd be like ughhh why arent u flapping lol, this world would be normal without chaotic me lol. I rather pass, being myself is no 50mph carosel(yea i made that up, but that would be fun, heck going in circles that fast i looove), but its been me this long, and changing it now would rather being taking the cowardly way out in my case that is.

I'm with you, Chica!
I am twice as old as you and I agree that changing how I am now would rather be anti-climactic. No, I'll pass on the cure and besides, the OP doesn't have a million dollars.

Merle

ThisIsNotMyRealName
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2008, 3:29 am

MyWorld wrote:
I'm rather curious.

Forget the $M1, I'd happily trade 50% of my remaining life for it - and be delirious that I'd gotten the deal of the century.

hypermorphic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Dec 2008, 3:58 am

It would be pointless for me. The cure would take all of the fun out of what I'd do with the money. An NT version of me would probably spend it all on status symbols

ThisIsNotMyRealName
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2008, 4:09 am

hypermorphic wrote:
It would be pointless for me. The cure would take all of the fun out of what I'd do with the money. An NT version of me would probably spend it all on status symbols

I doubt that.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 4:12 am

I'll pass. I would have nothing exciting to spend a million dollars on as an NT.