Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

jman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 10:04 pm

I found out this morning that my good friend od'd late last night. She is in the ICU as we speak.

I'am very upset and angry about this. First off she sent an IM to my sister telling her whats going on, and that she didn;t really want to die. Well if you really didn't want to die why would you take 18 tylenols?? For attention????

This was way out of left field. I know shes had problems in the past, but everything seemed fine the last time I talked to her.

I know I've been down the suicide before, but I can't help but be angry. Why didn't she seek help?? or call someone???

I don't know what to think right now.

My emotions are everywhere. :'(

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 10:12 pm

jman wrote:
I found out this morning that my good friend od'd late last night. She is in the ICU as we speak.

I'am very upset and angry about this. First off she sent an IM to my sister telling her whats going on, and that she didn;t really want to die. Well if you really didn't want to die why would you take 18 tylenols?? For attention????

This was way out of left field. I know shes had problems in the past, but everything seemed fine the last time I talked to her.

I know I've been down the suicide before, but I can't help but be angry. Why didn't she seek help?? or call someone???

I don't know what to think right now.

My emotions are everywhere. :'(

I'm sorry. I hope she survives and gets what she needs.

Depression and such can make people do some very stupid things. It is best to just forgive her and hope for the best in life for her. (Easier said than done, I know.)

As for seeking help, she did. She called your sister (or rather IMed her) didn't she?

jman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 10:17 pm

Quote:
She called your sister (or rather IMed her) didn't she?

Ya that was right before her mom took her to the hospital.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 10:26 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2005, 12:53 am

Comfies. I had a similar experience when I was out with my friends. Some idiots had cut a batch of E's with acid. It's really scary watching 3 of your mates with their eyes rolling back in their heads passing out. I only had a half and it didn't affect me at all.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2005, 4:09 am

jman, you must be so confused and hurt and angry right now - i'm not surprised. your friend is in the best place, getting the medical attention she needs, so you concentrate on yourself. and have a hug from me - sometimes, when the world is this confusing, you just need to be allowed to feel how you feel.

Vivi

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2005, 4:50 am

That's really upsetting :( Hopefully everything will look up soon. Take care.

earthmonkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Dec 2005, 8:37 pm

My friend had missed a week of school, which was unusual, and when she came back, she said that she had overdosed on aspirin. I didn't really know what to feel, and I had a presentation for AP European History next, and it turned out that my partners hadn't done ANYTHING, and I didn't know what to do, and I ended up going to the nurse's office. I have no idea what happened to what credit was attributed to where, but at that point, I didn't really care.

A part of me felt like I had to be sad or overwhelmed or something, as I had been feeling guilty that I hadn't felt any emotions distinctly other than shock. It hasn't affected me ever since then, and I'm just wondering: I know that I feel sympathy and empathy; I remember that during my poetry class last year, when someone I barely knew found out her friend committed suicide, I felt emotional things. Why have I felt relatively few things concerning my friend? I know you guys can't provide definitive answers, but I'm still looking to figure things out.

--G. K. Chesterton, The Aristocrat

rearden
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Dec 2005, 6:37 am

Any updates? Tylenol overdoses are scary.. From what I understand if you don't get to a doctor in time, pretty much all they can do is make you as comfortable as possible as your liver shuts down over the next few weeks.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2005, 8:24 pm

she was in the ICU for a day then released the next day. She is in a women's partial program now. She is getting help.