Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 2:57 am

Ok so there's this girl I kindave like and we've hung out and played video games or watched a movie a few times, and it's always her asking if she can come over and play games or watch a movie all the time and I'll usally say no becuz I mean I like hanging out with her but I don't much want to interact with peers outside of school or the internet , but recently Ive wondering if there's some secret message she's trying to get across to me like that she likes me or something, or am I just looking to much into it. Btw I'm a sophmore and she's a senior

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 3:37 am

Without any more information on the matter.....I would say there's a pretty good chance that she has a crush on you. Usually, girls don't want to just "hang out" with one guy unless they're interested, especially if she is a senior. If you like her, invite her over, and things might just work out.

Those who know, don't speak.

Sea_of_Saiyan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2009, 4:01 am

Hmm...it's possible she could have a crush on you, or maybe she seriously enjoys hanging out with you.

Do you have a casual way of finding out whether or not she has a boyfriend (such as facebook/myspace)?

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 11:55 am

Sounds like she's interested in you. Let her come over.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 1:09 pm

I'll just agree with John on this.

If you think you are looking too much into it, just relax and let things flow from there. If she's not interested don't take it so personally.

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 1:34 pm

Xenu wrote:
Ok so there's this girl I kindave like and we've hung out and played video games or watched a movie a few times, and it's always her asking if she can come over and play games or watch a movie all the time and I'll usally say no becuz I mean I like hanging out with her but I don't much want to interact with peers outside of school or the internet , but recently Ive wondering if there's some secret message she's trying to get across to me like that she likes me or something, or am I just looking to much into it. Btw I'm a sophmore and she's a senior

Just wondering -- why don't you want to interact with peers outside of school or the web? Social anxiety?

It seems very evident that she likes you. If she doesn't want anything else from you (like help with homework), and just wants to spend time with you doing things you like to do, it's clear she likes you.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 11:00 pm

ok how should i confront her/ask her if she likes me or if she wants to go out

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 2:17 pm

NO!! !! !!

Not right away at least...and if you do, don't put her on the front. Share some of your feelings as well but not too much. Just tell her you like being with her and then if she responds ask her if she likes being with you too and then let it go from there.

Who knows maybe she'll do the responding but don't force her to feel like she has to make a quick decision like that. Most females want to get to know their mate better IMO.

j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2009, 3:35 pm

She almost definitely likes you. Lucky you.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 7:55 pm

Ok so today I accedently heard her talking to her ex who just broke up with his gf and she was telling him she still loved him and so he told her that he don't love her and that they were just friends and he wants to get back together with his gf whom he still loves and she started crying and he just left I wanted to hurt him so bad but I didn't and I went to my next class and was completly shutdown and I almost had a meltdown I didn't do any work that period at all and I wasn't even able to comfort her I hate myself

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 8:00 pm

rightfully you should for being such a coward in light of her prediciment.

CerebralDreamer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 9:07 am

Oh my, I see some things happening here that you may want to remember. If a girl asks to hang out somewhere beside school, take her up on that. Just see where things go. Asking right off the bat whether they like you or not isn't going to get you very many places.

Although, it sounds like she just wants to be friends. I would still take her up on it. It's possible she likes you, but I wouldn't worry about it. It's high school, and most people in there are confused out of their minds. Just have her come over for some video games, or a movie, and leave it at that. She may just enjoy having someone to play games with and watch movies together.

You really need to quit thinking so much about it. Like, when she was heart broken, if you weren't thinking so much, you would have instinctively acted, by either comforting her, or going after him. Either would have won you some points in her book. This is the thing about relationships. You have to act, and put yourself out there. It's not always logical in how it works out. You need to understand that.

To be honest, now that you've given such a response, she may be a bit off-put to the idea of movies. If you let her know how you reacted to the whole scene, and how much it got to you, you might be ok. I would just tell her how seeing that happen made you feel, what you thought, and ask if she wants to come over. Just avoid pushing for a relationship at this point. The thing about AS is we may be a bit stunted when it comes to social skills, but we can make that work for us. Just tell her exactly what you felt, and how you felt it, and ask if she wants to come over to watch movies and play games, and leave it at that.

Might help to word it in a letter, but don't send it. This stuff is better said face-to-face. It would just be for organizing your thoughts.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 5:04 pm

Xenu wrote:
Ok so today I accedently heard her talking to her ex who just broke up with his gf and she was telling him she still loved him and so he told her that he don't love her and that they were just friends and he wants to get back together with his gf whom he still loves and she started crying and he just left I wanted to hurt him so bad but I didn't and I went to my next class and was completly shutdown and I almost had a meltdown I didn't do any work that period at all and I wasn't even able to comfort her I hate myself

And you didn't maybe think to try and help her? comfort her?

You like her and yet you didn't do anything.

Good God man; you want a chance? Your chances just went down the drain, if you're friends with her, the logical thing would have been to go and comfort her.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 7:31 pm

ok so now im done im freaking done, so yesterday she was talking to me alot and asking me stuff and just hanging around me and stuff and i was in the middle of doing stuff but i was listening but i quess i wasnt talking as much as she probably wanted so today one of my friends (not anymore) who knows i like her, goes and asks her out, now apparently their bf/gf i cant believe this happens im shocked that one of my friends would be such a dick and im pissed at myself for not talking to her more

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 10:55 pm

You're not the only one that has happened to. We Aspies are famous for totally blowing it like that. Look at this as a lesson learned the hard way and don't hesitate for so long next time.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 3:01 pm

Here's how I see it (hope I'm wrong)

Girl comes on friendly to you, while either close to or in the process of a breakup with her boyfriend. How to respond? Make him jealous? Hang around with other guys.

You're a nice guy. Maybe something could happen, if you shows some interest.

Meanwhile, she's trying to get the boyfriend back. It's not working. This is probably when you could try to comfort her. Maybe something could happen.

Since she didn't see any (well, for an NT) sign of you making the first move, when the other guy came along, she was ready for a 'fallback' guy, and they're together.

It happens to us all the time. It even happens to NTs. Maybe not so much for this generation, but in my time and earlier, women expected the guy to make the first move, unprompted. They set up the opportunity, but the guy has to take the chance. And they're perfectly free to turn the guy away, if they choose. They felt upset if they had to make a move; it looks desperate to them.

It doesn't feel fair, and it may not be, but now that you have some experience, you know not to do the same thing again. You can do it, so get back on the horse, you'll win in the end.