Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Rdunzl
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Feb 2009, 9:02 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'd like to introduce myself. I've just copied some questions from another thread, and I'll try and answer those to begin with.

What is your first name? Anders

Hobbies and Interests: Programming, semantic web, semiotics, poetry, comics and cartoons.

Why are you here? Because my son got diagnosed with Aspergers last summer which led me to believe that I have also got Aspergers. I've been reading information on various asperger sites and I've been surprised to find that there's plenty of people out there that I share so many experiences with.

Until last year I knew I was weird and I also had a good understanding of how I am weird, what things I really suck at and what things I do better than most people. I even had an understanding of myself as being semi-autistic, because when I first saw Rainman (many years ago) and saw the way he got a fit when he couldn't watch some TV show, I 100% understood what went on in his head, and since then I've referred to my (rare) outbursts of anxiety as me going into 'autistic self-oscillation'.

Last year I then discovered that I'm not alone, and I'm here out of curiousity.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I'm probably going to be diagnosed late this year or in 2010.

Favorite subjects: Hmm. A long time ago (around 1991) I discovered that ppl aren't interested in my favorite subjects, so I learnt to shut up and talk about the weather instead. I'm not sure if I really have any favorite subjects anymore :-)

Favorite music: Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Frank Zappa and rock from the 70'ties.

Books: Hmm I've only read non-fictional stuff for a couple of years.

TV shows/Movies: Simpsons, Lost, Heroes

Do you like sports? No.

Family: I'm a half-time single parent and in the odd weeks I'm just single.

Clothing: I usually wear a shirt, sometimes a pullover, some nice pants and shiny shoes because I'm working as a consultant and I have to look like I'm worth the money my customers pay me :-P If I could wear exactly what I like I guess I'd lose the shirt and wear clothes that are more relaxed, but ppl actually judges other ppl by the way they dress and I don't want two wardrobes so I just stick to my "consultant uniform" for the time being.

How did you find this website? Through Facebook.

Job: Self-employed developer and consultant.

Plans for the future? I'd like to develop some program that becomes very popular and I become extremely rich. Apart from that dream scenario my only plan is to do what I can to raise my son and support him as much as possible while he grows up and learns how to deal with all those unpredictable humans.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 9:02 am

Nice to meet you, Anders. :) 8)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 9:03 am

Welcome to WP!

WOODBLC
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Feb 2009, 9:32 am

Very nice to meet you and welcome to Wrong planet!!

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 12:13 pm

Welcome to the Wrong Planet community, Anders.

sillyputty
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 1:20 pm

Hi Anders :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 2:54 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!