If you suddenly got £100,000,000,000 what would you do?

Page 7 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

hector451
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jul 2009, 6:43 pm

Here's what a million million or trillion would look like:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/2009/04/03/what ... -21251618/

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 6:51 pm

I think our stimulus money is going toward rebuilding the Governor's mansion, which was damaged in a fire last year (it was arson).

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2009, 2:37 am

Are you implying... govermental factors or some conspiracy theory behind it?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2009, 6:46 pm

Move the lot to tax havens around the world and leave the UK.

misswoofalot
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2009, 3:22 am

Give half to my mum to sort out the rest of the family with money.

Then have a trip in to space.
Travel the world.
Buy houses in Uk and another country that I like.
Buy a boat.
Get plastic surgery to make me thinner and prettier.
Do some degrees at really good universities
Study & learn about everything that interests me.

theimperiousdork
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2009, 3:44 am

1. Found a multi-million dollar media company
2. Build a convention center for my alma mater that bears my name
3. Donate some to worthy charities (PeTA, Greenpeace, and ALF absolutely barred)
4. Invest in the stock market
5. Give to my parents
6. Buy myself a mansion, a car, and a private Airbus 320
7. Save the rest in the bank.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 2:44 pm

I'd hand the money over to Boris Johnston with a note, requesting that he put all 500 Routemasters that are in Britain on the streets of London, and to get the second generation models of the same buses made, so that people with physical disabilities can enjoy the same experience. I'd also tell him in that letter, to pay his arch rival who keeps discouraging him from following his vision, 2 Million Pounds to shut up and put up.

There are reasons that my username is CockneyRebel, and they all have to do with London.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

29 Jul 2009, 4:31 pm

OK...that's a stupid amount of money so let's go wild here.

First off: Move out of this armpit of a country (UK) and go live in the US. Get the investment visa thing: invest suitable amounts in several businesses with reliable enough returns and which will create American jobs to enable us to stay in the country.
Buy a craftsman house in Fremont, an apartment in downtown Seattle and a cabin in the San Juans. And an arts center, with attached gallery, store, coffee shop and gig venue. And, just for fun, a recording studio.
Get a hot tub.
Get hubby a Harley Fatboy, on condition he actually learns to ride the thing properly. Also, whatever ridiculously priced camera (I'm guessing Hasselblad but it's not my area) he deems necessary for his photographic career.
Pay Peter Buck whatever stupid amount of money it takes for him to part with Kurt Cobain's original Fender Jag-Stang.
Start a magazine for young women that's genuinely body-friendly and promotes positive living and empowerment rather than buying pointless products.
Pay off the mortgages of my brother, niece and nephew.
Pay to set up a small museum (preferably close to the local airfield) to house my uncle's collection of WWII memorabilia. (Has to be seen to be believed. I suspect he's the other Aspie in the family. What he doesn't know about Spitfires isn't worth knowing. Or used to, because he now has dementia and someone's got to do something about all that stuff before it gets thrown out by the house clearance people when he has to go into care. :( )
Donate to a few worthy causes.
Have a trip into space (thanks, misswoofalot).
Visit Bali, Tibet, Cappadocia and various bits of Europe.
And find some safe (ha!) way to invest the rest so we're sorted for life...

visnofskygirl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2009, 9:56 am

I'll keep it secret (I might get killed)

b9
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2009, 10:24 am

i would advertise on the internet that i had 100 billion and i wanted to talk to someone who could sell me the andromeda galaxy.

i am sure the owner would soon come forward and be prepared to accept 100 billion pounds for it.

then when the transaction was done, i would be the proud owner of andromeda.

what a bargain!! ! that is like $1 per star. hee hee hee.

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 7:23 pm

Move to London so I could spend it without having to worry about foreign exchange rates...

:mrgreen:

Official diagnosis: Austism Spectrum Disorder Level One, without learning disability, without speech/language delay; Requiring Support

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 8:33 pm

I would buy a new pair of socks.

chagya
Toucan
Toucan

27 Dec 2014, 9:12 pm

I like where I live. I have everything I need. My community is very small. I would use that money to start offering rewards for information leading to arrest and conviction of anyone living within the county who manufactures meth. Meth manufacturers would be my one exception to my opposition to capital punishment.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 12:14 am

I'd buy myself a house that was built to my specifications, out in the country. It would probably look like three two story houses with elevators built to look like three peas in a pod. The houses would be completely run on solar power. I'd also have a swimming pool that uses ozone instead of chlorine. I'd have my own personal gym in a smaller building that's also shaped and coloured like a pea.

I'd also buy myself an adult's loft bed that's painted electric blue to compliment my green bedroom walls that will match my curtains that will also be electric blue. I'd also buy a round pea green rug to go on my electric blue carpet beside my bed. I'd purchase a top of the line Alienware computer and the latest iPod that's of course, green.

I'd buy myself a leather corner sofa that will fit into one of the corners of my TV room, an 90" screen Smart TV that I can hook a keyboard up to and use as a giant computer. I'd buy myself a state of the art computer desk to put the Alienware keyboard on that can be moved out of the way when my guests or I want to watch TV. I'd also get myself a home satellite radio system as well as satellite TV. I'd also have two lampposts in my TV room that look like Victorian lampposts. I'd also have red velvet drapes behind my black leather couch. I'd also have a red rug in front of the corner sofa, that's square shaped.

My kitchen would be painted yellow. I'd have the latest range oven-stove. I'd have the most state of the art fridge that not only makes ice but also shaves ice that would be perfect for homemade Slurpees. I'd also buy myself the most state of the art microwave that would do all the work. All you do is put in the food that you want to cook and it does the rest for you. I'd also get myself the most state of the art dishwasher that I can find. My steel-topped kitchen table and futuristic chairs would be right in the centre of the kitchen with a light fixture that has the most state of the art LED spotlights, that has 8 mini spotlights on each side.

My bathroom would be painted many shades of blue with mini LED spotlights running down the middle of the ceiling. I'd have a shower that has a removable shower head and a jaquezi

I'd also get my Kinks-like vintage looking clothes custom made.

I'd also give my parents and my sister's family plenty of money to get their homes customized the way they want them, but the exteriors must stay a lush pea green.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 12:31 am

i'd sock a few million into annuities and retire. i'd pay off my nieces' and nephews' student loans. i'd get my disabled sister and her son a nice house. i'd split the rest between liberal political organizations and groups working against poverty in africa.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 2:18 am

I would probably get arrested.