I feel like I don't fit into society anymore

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page:

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Not that I have anything wrong with these things, but it seems like you have to follow current whatever (like current events, TV, movies, music, etc.), a more outgoing lifestyle or personality, be heavily opinionated, highly intelligent, an immature jerk to everybody, or over-materialistic to get attention nowadays.

I'm not being picky or anything, but for once I would like to meet some people who doesn't fit that criteria.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:19 pm

good post roger, i for the most part feel the same way. atleast we have this bb to talk to each other on, sociaty im shure will never change and our whole existance is a sham

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:24 pm

No one really needs any of that stuff, it's all just materialistic mumbo jumbo that the media forces upon everyone. I can relate, I don't want to fit in with society at large but I would like to meet a few people I can relate to, maybe go to social gatherings with. Possibly a party, which I have nothing against as long as there are no drugs or alcohol involved.

Ruchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:31 pm

i don't like sociaty anyways i don't mind that i don't fit beacuse i would have to conform which i don't like doing people are too judgementl these days and that if u don't watch the tv shows for example the hills and other show that are like that u have nothing to talk about anyways if u don't see the latesest blockbuster at the muiltplex ur a seen has no body. If you are differnt then everyone esle you get left at.

metelz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:06 pm

I never felt like a part of society. A

And what's wrong with being highley intelligent? How do you even define that?

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:57 pm

metelz wrote:
I never felt like a part of society. A

And what's wrong with being highley intelligent? How do you even define that?

Writing an opinion that's more than 1, 2, or 3 paragraphs long.

Brusilov
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:50 pm

I wish I had a proverbial nickel for any time someone asked me if "I knew how to talk." I hate it when people you know but dont really care for start to rapidfire personal questions at you and you can't answer them fast enough.

For example, I went to eat breakfast at Jack in the Box this morning and the manager there used to be janitor at my high school about 8 years ago so she knows me on a fringe acquaintence basis. I like her well enough, but every time I see her she has to grill me with like 30 personal questions on my current life, relationship, and employment status. I know she is just trying to be nice, and conversationial, but I'm just not quick on the draw and I can't answer her questions quickly or convincingly enough and I can't keep up with the rapid flow of conversation.

Whenever I talk to anyone and the conversation advances beyond the preliminary greetings and opening into the unpredictable body of talk, I can never keep up enough with the give and take of of speech. I can't formulate an answer or reply fast enough before the topic has already switched gears and then I am just overwhelmed by the conversation and I have to get away, leaving my partner befuddled. When I start to stutter and pause, that's when people annoyingly ask me, "What's wrong,", or "Do you know how to talk?"

My whole life, I've never been able to keep up with the whirlwind of parties, social scenes, or conversation. I don't fit into society because my brain can't keep up with the social dynamism of others. My social skills are too poor and my brain just won't let me function around others. I feel like I have a giant rock in my brain that isn't supposed to be there that is preventing me from living life.

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:21 pm

To me, if I was asked "do you know how to talk?" I would feel insulted. I know that there are possibly places or contexts where it would not be but I would be insulted by it. If I can't keep up with a one to one conversation, I would think that they are not listening to my answers. I would wonder why they are asking me questions in the first place if they don't wait for me to answer or interrupting my answer with another question. I hope I didn't mis-read things.

J-P
Veteran
Veteran

Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:10 pm

roygerdodger wrote:
Not that I have anything wrong with these things, but it seems like you have to follow current whatever (like current events, TV, movies, music, etc.), a more outgoing lifestyle or personality, be heavily opinionated, highly intelligent, an immature jerk to everybody, or over-materialistic to get attention nowadays.

I'm not being picky or anything, but for once I would like to meet some people who doesn't fit that criteria.

Well writing. Me too i'm not a part of society and it's better because society is insensitive fool

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:06 am

roygerdodger wrote:

I like watching movies and listening to music, but i only do it to enjoy them, not to keep up with everybody.

I don't watch TV, and I don't know what the stars look lke anymore because I don't usually read the magazines they are in. It is such that I don't know how what of the British royals looks like, or very many of the major stars on TV. I don't really care about current events, and only read them when an article captures my interest. Plus I am not really materialistic, so I don't find lots of stuff all that interesting.

So you are not the only one :wink:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:39 am

Quote:
I feel like I don't fit into society anymore

that is a coincidence.
i feel like I feel like I can not fit into society any less.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:57 am

You mean you used to be able to fit into society? *gives you a proverbial medal* :star:

y es como un semestre"

Firechick
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:59 pm

Quote:

For me, everyone in my school is following the trends of terrible rap music, possible drugs, trash-talking, cursing on a daily basis, boyfriend/girlfriend drama, etc. You're lucky I'm staying away from ALL those things, even though I put up with them on a daily basis. I follow my own trend of happily watching anime, reading manga, playing video games, drawing, writing stories, and my computer.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:17 pm

OMG, I here ya Roy!

I can't seem to get into this material world let alone girls around my age that're obsessed with making themselves up and acting snarky as hell.

Maybe it gets better, I don't now. Just be yourself and love yourself.

Don't let these fools get to you. I've found some people who are a lot like myself when it comes to similar interests and not this obsession with impressing people with academia, looks, and all this other superficial shit.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:26 am

roygerdodger wrote:

I don't fit into it either. I can pretend with my friends, who are more up to date than me on current trends. But yeah, I don't want any part of it.

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page: