WrongPlanet.net
WP Members: > 80,000



Aspie Affection

New Today: 21
New Yesterday: 31

Why are black people so hated? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wrong Planet Autism Forum Index -> Politics, Philosophy, and Religion     
BrandonSP
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Jul 06, 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 1312
Location: San Diego, CA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Why are black people so hated? Reply with quote

I've noticed that black people seem to be the targets of a lot of hostility from other races. In fact, I've even met black people who didn't like other black people very much. I find this really bothersome not only because I know how black people have been oppressed throughout history, but also because I don't think black people really deserve all the flack they get.

I've met dozens of of black people here in the US, and in general they seem to be as decent as people from any other race. Sure there are some nasty black people out there---for instance, a black man once pulled out a knife and threatened to kill me for looking at his girlfriend, although fortunately the girl pushed him away---but as far as I can tell, they are outnumbered by nice, friendly black people. They are not all the violent, rude, and loud barbarians that people like to whine about.

Are most of the black people I've run into atypical, or are they nice to me because I treat them better than other non-blacks do?

Also, I know I've said this more than once, but I think black women are hot. Unfortunately they all seem to already have boyfriends.
_________________
My DeviantArt Domain of Madness:
http://brandonspilcher.deviantart.com/

My Blog:
http://tyrannoninja.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CockneyRebel
Mick Avory, Sensitive brown-eyed Sweet Pea
Phoenix


Joined: Jul 18, 2004
Age: 39
Posts: 90079
Location: In a quiet and peaceful garden, where gentle Mick Avory-like Sweet Peas grow.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a person who likes people of all races, I find myself asking the same question.
_________________
The darling, unworldly Mick Avory with hands like shovels, who wouldn't dare choose to hurt a soul: I'm the cuddly, adorable Kink. Sweet Peas: http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/Cocknee/Kinks/Sweet%20Pea%20Smileys/ Blog: http://ramblingsofasuccessfula
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pistonhead
Really That Big
Phoenix


Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Age: 23
Posts: 4732
Location: Bradenton, Florida

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"black people have been oppressed throughout history" "Don't deserve all the flack they get"
That's why Africans traded captive members of other tribes to America to use as slaves. They didn't deserve it, it's not like they brought it on themselves by selling their "brothers" into slavery.

Only dozens? At my middle school there were 2 dozen "minorities" in every non-advanced class. They really aren't all that decent, at least not in the ghettos here. You don't even pull into grovers unless you want to get shot. Oh and did I mention there are drug busts not even a block from my middle school? Oh and one of my ex friend's friend's boyfriends just got caught selling crack and he's black.

It is a wonder they have boyfriends, most black guys try to date blonde girls, most white guys try to date asian or white girls, etc.
_________________
"Some ideals are worth dying for"
==tOGoWPO==
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lostonearth35
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Jan 06, 2010
Age: 40
Posts: 1278
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have absolutely no problem with black people, so I don't understand, either. I live in Canada, where people are usually more tolerant about race. I have twin nieces who are half-black and a cousin who is half-Japanese, and our family is happy and proud of them. But in the States...bah! Evil or Very Mad Racial intolerance is a part of their culture, even if they don't like to admit it. Sure, they don't have "Whites Only" public places anymore, but they still have "black" and "white" neighborhoods.
I've seen that "What Would You Do?" show on ABC where one time someone called 911 because they thought some black kids were stealing a car but all they were doing was sleeping in it! And this was while they had some white teen actors "vandalize" a car to see if anyone would try to stop THEM! And then they did another show where a black person is "trying" to "steal" a bicycle and of course people were ready to haul them to jail but then they use a pretty white blonde actor and a guy HELPS her saw through the chain to steal the bike even when she said she was stealing it! Typical. Evil or Very Mad Things like that make my blood boil! Racism is still OBVIOUSLY still alive and well... Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MXH
TomCat
Phoenix


Joined: Jul 29, 2010
Age: 22
Posts: 13021
Location: Here i stand and face the rain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are black people so hated? Reply with quote

BrandonSP wrote:
I've noticed that black people seem to be the targets of a lot of hostility from other races. In fact, I've even met black people who didn't like other black people very much. I find this really bothersome not only because I know how black people have been oppressed throughout history, but also because I don't think black people really deserve all the flack they get.

I've met dozens of of black people here in the US, and in general they seem to be as decent as people from any other race. Sure there are some nasty black people out there---for instance, a black man once pulled out a knife and threatened to kill me for looking at his girlfriend, although fortunately the girl pushed him away---but as far as I can tell, they are outnumbered by nice, friendly black people. They are not all the violent, rude, and loud barbarians that people like to whine about.

Are most of the black people I've run into atypical, or are they nice to me because I treat them better than other non-blacks do?

Also, I know I've said this more than once, but I think black women are hot. Unfortunately they all seem to already have boyfriends.

Depends on how you view things. While there are indeed some very nice black people the vast majority have found a way of being stupid enough to mess it up to the few. Its not that they are hated, but arent looked as well upon as the typical middle class white folk. Personally i have a hate for the freeloaders, most of whom happen to be black, i have no problems with the people themselves, just that group of them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengilante
Velociraptor
Velociraptor


Joined: May 21, 2008
Posts: 466

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostonearth35 wrote:
I have absolutely no problem with black people, so I don't understand, either. I live in Canada, where people are usually more tolerant about race. I have twin nieces who are half-black and a cousin who is half-Japanese, and our family is happy and proud of them. But in the States...bah! Evil or Very Mad Racial intolerance is a part of their culture, even if they don't like to admit it. Sure, they don't have "Whites Only" public places anymore, but they still have "black" and "white" neighborhoods.
I've seen that "What Would You Do?" show on ABC where one time someone called 911 because they thought some black kids were stealing a car but all they were doing was sleeping in it! And this was while they had some white teen actors "vandalize" a car to see if anyone would try to stop THEM! And then they did another show where a black person is "trying" to "steal" a bicycle and of course people were ready to haul them to jail but then they use a pretty white blonde actor and a guy HELPS her saw through the chain to steal the bike even when she said she was stealing it! Typical. Evil or Very Mad Things like that make my blood boil! Racism is still OBVIOUSLY still alive and well... Sad


You really should be a little more skeptical and discerning about believing the propaganda you see on television.

ENTERTAINMENT=RATINGS=MONEY Never kid yourself that 'news', 'journalism', 'accuracy', information' or 'truth' has anything to do with it. Its all about the Benjamins, baby. Where there's a camera crew, nothing happens naturally.
_________________
"Strange, inaccessible worlds exist at our very elbows"
- Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John_Browning
ON A LIST SOMEWHERE
Phoenix


Joined: Mar 23, 2009
Posts: 4456
Location: The shooting range

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that one large faction of blacks makes them all look bad, another large faction doesn't care and may even embrace elements of ghetto "culture", then there's a small faction of black community activists that speak out against it, but also hold their own extremist views that nobody else wants to listen to. There is a segment of socially moderate or conservative blacks who disapprove of ghetto behavior, but they do not have big enough numbers to be relevant to this discussion other than to acknowledge they exist.
_________________
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."
- Unknown

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John_Browning
ON A LIST SOMEWHERE
Phoenix


Joined: Mar 23, 2009
Posts: 4456
Location: The shooting range

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this should probably be in the PPR forum.
_________________
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."
- Unknown

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninszot
Toucan
Toucan


Joined: Aug 15, 2010
Age: 35
Posts: 251

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow . . . I can smell the ignorance across cyberspace

the problems you guys are talking about are economic, not racial

interesting film: Searching for the wrong eyed jeasus

follows filmaker into the southern US to remote empovershed Byou communities of poor white disenfranchised americans living in shacks and acting like degenerates

come to canada and see the same hypocrisy,

I remember calling 911 for a man unconcious on the ground holding a bottle with a skull and crossbones on it - 911 operator asked me "is he aboriginal? - mam, that's called sniffing" I said "well that could kill you right?" she said "yes . . . eventually" so I say "|and your going to send somone to make sure he's okay right?" and she says "oh alright we'll have somebody go down there" with an exauhsted and irritaed tone of resentment! okay so the guy is UNCONCIOUS and holding a bottle of POISON - what does it matter if he's aboriginal?

Racism and poverty make good bedfellows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DemonAbyss10
The Drill That Pierces The Heavens
Phoenix


Joined: Aug 24, 2007
Age: 25
Posts: 2508
Location: The Poconos, Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are black people so hated? Reply with quote

MXH wrote:
BrandonSP wrote:
I've noticed that black people seem to be the targets of a lot of hostility from other races. In fact, I've even met black people who didn't like other black people very much. I find this really bothersome not only because I know how black people have been oppressed throughout history, but also because I don't think black people really deserve all the flack they get.

I've met dozens of of black people here in the US, and in general they seem to be as decent as people from any other race. Sure there are some nasty black people out there---for instance, a black man once pulled out a knife and threatened to kill me for looking at his girlfriend, although fortunately the girl pushed him away---but as far as I can tell, they are outnumbered by nice, friendly black people. They are not all the violent, rude, and loud barbarians that people like to whine about.

Are most of the black people I've run into atypical, or are they nice to me because I treat them better than other non-blacks do?

Also, I know I've said this more than once, but I think black women are hot. Unfortunately they all seem to already have boyfriends.

Depends on how you view things. While there are indeed some very nice black people the vast majority have found a way of being stupid enough to mess it up to the few. Its not that they are hated, but arent looked as well upon as the typical middle class white folk. Personally i have a hate for the freeloaders, most of whom happen to be black, i have no problems with the people themselves, just that group of them.


I haven't really have had issues with them. I've had some good friends that were African American or half and half. Of course I was basically bred for tolerance, seeing that I grew up on military bases until the age of 12/13. Now where I live though, town is like 99.99% white. Doesn't exactly bug me because they chose not to move here. Its not a racist area, since we still have them visiting friends who live in the area and stuff. The only REAL racism round here comes from the senior citizens. Its part of the reason why I dislike senior citizens though, far too many are EXTREMELY CLOSED MINDED AND JUDGMENTAL. Not generalizing, its just the ones round here pull sh** like calling you a satanist if you listen to stuff they don't like or if they don't see you in their church. They are mostly harmless, except for the odd farmer who shoots at trespassers.
_________________
Myers Brigg - ISTP
Socionics - ISTx
Enneagram - 6w5

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
auntblabby
Chief Assistant to the Assistant Chief
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 13, 2010
Posts: 26269
Location: the island of defective toy santas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are a convenient target for the haters. if they didn't exist, some other color or status of humanity would suffice as targets of hate. human nature being the nasty thing it is, i don't know when this endemic need to hate will all end, or where.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
arondight
Raven
Raven


Joined: Sep 13, 2010
Age: 25
Posts: 104
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of it is ignorance simply put. A persons ethnicity cannot, by any stretch of imagination be used to determine the type of person they are. Even if 99.9% of a certain race are murderous or incredibly smart, we cannot go aroung labelling them all as such. Ethnicity has different cultures which do affect a person but look at this: black Americans do not act the same as I do and Im black but not American. See, culture as well as lots of other factors, the way people simplify it as just being an issue of ethnicity is nothing short of ignorance.
_________________
No road is long with good company.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sluice
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Aug 16, 2007
Posts: 4568
Location: center of universe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See I disagree. I played sports with and against black people. There is a smack talk, in your face attitude that I actually like. I find black people are usually more open and the first to befriend me despite any differences I project when I am new to a place. I find the attitude refreshing. I don't get to the 'ghetto' much so maybe there is a difference, but that probably has to do with poverty and lack of parental guidance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
arondight
Raven
Raven


Joined: Sep 13, 2010
Age: 25
Posts: 104
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sluice wrote:
See I disagree. I played sports with and against black people. There is a smack talk, in your face attitude that I actually like. I find black people are usually more open and the first to befriend me despite any differences I project when I am new to a place. I find the attitude refreshing. I don't get to the 'ghetto' much so maybe there is a difference, but that probably has to do with poverty and lack of parental guidance.


They arent like that because theyre black, thats all Im saying. Get a white person, or an Asian or Indian and let them grow up in the same place, around the same people and the same circumstances. They too would be just like that. Thats all Im saying, its not simply because theyre black.
_________________
No road is long with good company.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pistonhead
Really That Big
Phoenix


Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Age: 23
Posts: 4732
Location: Bradenton, Florida

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it really doesn't work like that.
_________________
"Some ideals are worth dying for"
==tOGoWPO==
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wrong Planet Autism Forum Index -> Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

 
Read more Articles on Wrong Planet



Wrong Planet is a Registered Trademark.
Copyright 2004-2014, Wrong Planet, LLC and Alex Plank. Alex does public speaking for Autism.

Advertise on Wrong Planet

Alex Hotchalk / Glam 

Alex Plank  Aspie Affection 

Terms of Service - You must read this as a user of Wrong Planet | Privacy Policy

Subscribe: RSS Feed  Wrong Planet News  Wrong Planet Forums




fine art