WrongPlanet.net
WP Members: > 80,000



Aspie Affection

New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 27

Aspergers thoughts of harming and murder 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wrong Planet Autism Forum Index -> General Autism Discussion     
aspergersrapper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse


Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Aspergers thoughts of harming and murder Reply with quote

I don't know a bout any other asperger here however i am completely convinced that many feel the same as me, although i don't like the thought of any action of hurting others although i have and i can enjoy it to the peak of it been an addiction.

I am wondering, do any of you think about killing people, harming people on a daily basis and are you obsessed with sharp objects or own some material to harm others?

is this something related to aspergers or something genetically related to the other genes in the pool?

When a stranger is in your house such as a salesman do you lock the door? immediate them and quite forceful towards them?
_________________
The worlds FIRST Autistic Rapper 'Undesirable' please press like on facebook page or follow on twitter.

here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Undesirable-Autistic-Rapper/248285698518426 http://twitter.com/#!/autistic_rapper


http://www.reverbnat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Zen
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Nov 11, 2010
Posts: 1868

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty much the total opposite. I cringe even at the idea of hurting someone or even something alive that isn't even human.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aspergersrapper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse


Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen wrote:
I am pretty much the total opposite. I cringe even at the idea of hurting someone or even something alive that isn't even human.



so why do some feel it and some dont
_________________
The worlds FIRST Autistic Rapper 'Undesirable' please press like on facebook page or follow on twitter.

here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Undesirable-Autistic-Rapper/248285698518426 http://twitter.com/#!/autistic_rapper


http://www.reverbnat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
dunbots
Resident Linguist
Phoenix


Joined: Jan 03, 2011
Age: 20
Posts: 2721
Location: Washington, USA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of people with Asperger's showing those behaviors because of the syndrome; most aspies aren't violent. You are likely to be a sociopath though.

Last edited by dunbots on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor


Joined: Jun 18, 2010
Age: 23
Posts: 443
Location: Somewhere in Scandinavia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. But I am obsessed with sharp objects, but that's because I have obsessing thoughts of stabbing myself 80 I've never actually done it, I just obsesse over the thought.
I honestly don't get what fantisizing about murder has to do with aspergers Confused
_________________
The modern artist is working with space and time, and expressing his feelings rather than illustrating
- Jackson Pollock
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tall-p
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Dec 26, 2010
Age: 72
Posts: 835

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Aspergers thoughts of harming and murder Reply with quote

aspergersrapper wrote:
I don't know a bout any other asperger here however i am completely convinced that many feel the same as me,

What completely convinces you that other Aspies have thes same thoughts?

aspergersrapper wrote:
although i don't like the thought of any action of hurting others although i have and i can enjoy it to the peak of it been an addiction.

Hunh? Clearly you enjoy it, and rationalize it as "common."

aspergersrapper wrote:
I am wondering, do any of you think about killing people, harming people on a daily basis and are you obsessed with sharp objects or own some material to harm others?

I think you are pretty much on your own in this fantasy.

aspergersrapper wrote:
is this something related to aspergers or something genetically related to the other genes in the pool?

Not genes, not Asperger's... sociopathology.

aspergersrapper wrote:
When a stranger is in your house such as a salesman do you lock the door? immediate them and quite forceful towards them?

This is the part of your post that concerns me... probably when you say "immediate them" you mean intimidate them? I think (if you are not a troll) that you ought to seek some professional help asap.
_________________
Everything is falling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Avengilante
Velociraptor
Velociraptor


Joined: May 21, 2008
Posts: 466

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Aspergers thoughts of harming and murder Reply with quote

aspergersrapper wrote:
is this something related to aspergers or something genetically related to the other genes in the pool?

When a stranger is in your house such as a salesman do you lock the door? immediate them and quite forceful towards them?


Sounds like SOMETHING'S in the pool.


People with autism generally AVOID interacting with others, especially strangers, because they can't process incoming stimuli fast enough to respond appropriately and don't read nonverbal communication very well, which creates stress and anxiety. Personally, I don't even answer my door unless I'm expecting someone, much less invite salesmen in and interact with them. I didn't even know there were door-to-door salesfolk anymore.

In the second instance, I assume the word you meant for 'immediate' was 'intimidate' and that, too would be highly uncharacteristic for someone with AS. Not that easy to verbally intimidate someone who's thinking faster than you are, even if you're the smarter one. Autistics are likely to lash out physically only when they feel backed into a corner. Morbid fantasies and inclinations to premeditated violence are not part of the disorder.
_________________
"Strange, inaccessible worlds exist at our very elbows"
- Howard Phillips Lovecraft


Last edited by Avengilante on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor


Joined: Jun 18, 2010
Age: 23
Posts: 443
Location: Somewhere in Scandinavia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspergersrapper wrote:
Zen wrote:
I am pretty much the total opposite. I cringe even at the idea of hurting someone or even something alive that isn't even human.



so why do some feel it and some dont


Because not everybody with aspergers is the same. Some aspies like coffee, others don't. Some aspie are shy, others aren't. Some aspies fantasize about murdering and harming other people, others (and I would say most) don't.
The fact that you attribute your homocidal thoughts to Aspergers is quite offensive to the rest of us.
_________________
The modern artist is working with space and time, and expressing his feelings rather than illustrating
- Jackson Pollock
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theWanderer
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Age: 54
Posts: 996

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiran wrote:
I honestly don't get what fantisizing about murder has to do with aspergers Confused


It doesn't - except, perhaps, in the mind of a troll.
_________________
AQ Test = 44 Aspie Quiz = 169 Aspie 33 NT EQ / SQ-R = Extreme Systematising
===================
Not all those who wander are lost.
===================
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man - would be diagnosed with a psychological disorder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wavefreak58
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Sep 27, 2010
Posts: 4419
Location: Western New York

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have some pretty vivid revenge fantasies towards my abusers (pervasive childhood abusive can make one quite angry), but the fantasies always crumbled with the thought of becoming that which I hated most. To indulge in such actions makes one the same as the abusers and a fantasy loses all its luster once the mind sees its fulfillment as nothing but a complete and utter fiction.
_________________
When God made me He didn't use a mold. I'm FREEHAND baby!
The road to my hell is paved with your good intentions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Digsy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay


Joined: Feb 19, 2011
Posts: 81

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiran wrote:
aspergersrapper wrote:
Zen wrote:
I am pretty much the total opposite. I cringe even at the idea of hurting someone or even something alive that isn't even human.



so why do some feel it and some dont


Because not everybody with aspergers is the same. Some aspies like coffee, others don't. Some aspie are shy, others aren't. Some aspies fantasize about murdering and harming other people, others (and I would say most) don't.
The fact that you attribute your homocidal thoughts to Aspergers is quite offensive to the rest of us.


I would have to say that I agree with this quote, but can I please ask people to have a little patience with this one as I feel his violent desires might have been introduced culturally.

Aspergersrapper, I don't want to appear to be making any assumptions and please don't take offence when I say maybe your name and the above posts may hold the answers to your questions.
Maybe it has more to do with the rapper in you than the aspergers in you.
Just a suggestion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JSMC
Raven
Raven


Joined: Feb 02, 2011
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick answer to your question is no, asperger is not related to your dark thoughts. The experiences that you went through your life and the way you interpret them is what's causing you those thoughts.

For example, I had a lot of suicidal thinking through my life, always saw it as a getaway solution. After a good introspection, I've realised that my thoughts were related to the suicide of my uncle, friend from primary school and never wanted to attempt suicide. We tend to have long memory, and keeping those memory alive is bad for yourself.

I've been raised in a good family, I know I got pretty lucky. But I it's not the case of everybody. I think a way to defende yourself is to blame others for what might have happened. It can be true to a certain point, but instead of blaming everyone else, try to focus your energy on improving yourself while giving respect to what we all have in common, which is life.

Like everyone else said, go get some help. Life is something precious, fragile and needs respect.

For me, I hate hurting somebody else. I take jiu jitsu and boxe lesson, but I'm always afraid to hurt my opponent too hard. I do hurt physically people, but it's more related to clumsiness, lack of control and there's no bad intention behind my actions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
League_Girl
Proud mamma
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 05, 2010
Posts: 15513
Location: My house

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to get violent thoughts in my head all the time. I used to wish I could kill people who don't like me or are mean to me. But I never did it. We didn't even have a gun. But I was six then and seven eight and nine. I knew they ended peoples lives. As I got older I used to fantasize doing things to people like beating them up so they leave me alone but I could never get myself to hurt them. Then I had violent thoughts about my ex's when I was with them because they piss me off.

I used to think lot of people got violent fantasies and would love to do things to them but my shrink told me that isn't normal and lot of people don't have these thoughts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Callista
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 04, 2006
Age: 31
Posts: 11022
Location: Central USA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...No.

In fact, the people I know who fit this description are all NT or sociopaths. The non-sociopaths are generally people who are fascinated with weaponry or with violence, often because they are somewhat insecure and frightened, and want to look big and feel big to avoid feeling very small.

This sort of obsession also happens with OCD, when you are very afraid you may harm someone else. But this type of person has that obsession precisely because harming others is one of their worst fears; and when that is your worst fear, you are very unlikely to actually harm others.

Whether you treat others kindly is a result of your choices, simple as that. Your ability to determine what will hurt them or help them may be a matter of social skills, so that you might inadvertently hurt someone without knowing it; but your intent when you interact with someone is a choice you make.

As for salesmen, I usually try to explain to them as soon as I can that I do not want to buy what they are selling, so that they will not waste their time trying to sell to me.
_________________
Reports from a Resident Alien:
http://chaoticidealism.livejournal.com

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Digsy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay


Joined: Feb 19, 2011
Posts: 81

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naturally I do not ever wish to harm people, but I have had people take advantage of me often, especially as a child.

Where I used to live there was a block of flats that can be seen in the picture below.


The neighbouring estate was one of the worst estates in my city, the kids that lived on there had no mercy for kids like me.
Luckily I was just deemed to be a daredevil boffin. Really I wasn't that much of a daredevil, I just do what people asked without questioning them or seeing the dangers.

An example would be when I was around 13 years old, a group took me up to the roof and had me jumping across the angles and gaps, over a huge drop.
I later found out that they were hoping I would fall, I'm not a complete idiot though, if I didn't think it could be done I wouldn't do it, but if it was within my abilities then I had no problems or fears.
Another time was when they got me climbing up the outside of the stair shaft from the 2nd to top floor to the top, whilst I was climbing up they boarded up the top floor with an old bed someone had left at the end of the landing, leaving me no option but to climb back down, it was a good 200ft drop below me, but I never saw any danger.
My parents were both deaf and they would bully and taunt about this.
It was always the same particular group of kids that always took advantage, pretend to be friends so they could torture me and that is if they wasn't trying to outright kill me.

We moved area and I thought I would be rid of all the teasing and torture.
But it continued to the point I snapped, up until this point in my life I had been nothing but purely innocent, but now the gloves were off and what's good for the goose is good for the gander as my old nan used to say, and I wanted revenge and would fight for the respect I deserve.
The next person that insulted my parents suffered some severe bruising from a hockey stick I went to retrieve after a confrontation in a shop, he was 19 years old I was 13.
I on the other hand ended up a bloody mess after he pushed me through the shop window.
It was then that my parents set me about training martial arts, not just to be able to defend myself, but to be able to control myself.
Since then violence has always been a last resort, and will always be a last resort, but is sometimes a necessity.

My advice to you aspergersrapper is to try and understand why your thinking of violence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wrong Planet Autism Forum Index -> General Autism Discussion   
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

 
Read more Articles on Wrong Planet



Wrong Planet is a Registered Trademark.
Copyright 2004-2014, Wrong Planet, LLC and Alex Plank. Alex does public speaking for Autism.

Advertise on Wrong Planet

Alex Hotchalk / Glam 

Alex Plank  Aspie Affection 

Terms of Service - You must read this as a user of Wrong Planet | Privacy Policy

Subscribe: RSS Feed  Wrong Planet News  Wrong Planet Forums




fine art