WrongPlanet.net
WP Members: > 80,000



Aspie Affection

New Today: 3
New Yesterday: 22

Any good math websites that gives answers to problems?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wrong Planet Autism Forum Index -> Computers, Math, Science, and Technology     
Homer_Bob
Meat =Awesome
Phoenix


Joined: Jan 06, 2009
Age: 26
Posts: 1388
Location: New England

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Any good math websites that gives answers to problems? Reply with quote

I'm someone who is horrible at math and can't do it to save my life. I'm getting desperate. I want to find a good math website that will give me all the answers to any Math equations. I'm only doing algebra so there should be sites out there. If anyone knows any good math websites that not only gives all the answers to the problems but shows ALL the work you have to do to solve them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whitetiger
Passionate Advocate
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 04, 2009
Age: 45
Posts: 1702
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted on here about this before, but I work for Brainfuse.com. You get an individual on-line tutor that can show you, step by step, how to do each algebra problem and let you know if you get the correct answer or not. They won't do the work for you though.

I'm not a math tutor. I work in the writing lab. Still, there are excellent, qualified algebra tutors that work with us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dussel
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Jan 20, 2009
Posts: 1788
Location: London (UK)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend more to buy a good mathematical handbook. My recommendation is Bronshtein, Handbook of Mathematics:

http://www.amazon.com/Handbook-Mathematics-I-N-Bronshtein/dp/3540434917

You will never need to buy a general handbook of mathematics in your live again!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruveyn
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Sep 22, 2008
Age: 78
Posts: 31520
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Any good math websites that gives answers to problems? Reply with quote

Homer_Bob wrote:
I'm someone who is horrible at math and can't do it to save my life. I'm getting desperate. I want to find a good math website that will give me all the answers to any Math equations. I'm only doing algebra so there should be sites out there. If anyone knows any good math websites that not only gives all the answers to the problems but shows ALL the work you have to do to solve them.


Buy or borrow one of the items in Schaum's Outline Series. They are inexpensive (15 dollar range) and they feature worked out problems. Just what you need.

ruveyn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Homer_Bob
Meat =Awesome
Phoenix


Joined: Jan 06, 2009
Age: 26
Posts: 1388
Location: New England

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there basically aren't any websites where I can simply type an equation in and it shows me all the work and answers? Why can't it be that easy?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TokenX
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker


Joined: Feb 19, 2008
Age: 23
Posts: 59
Location: California

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homer_Bob wrote:
So there basically aren't any websites where I can simply type an equation in and it shows me all the work and answers? Why can't it be that easy?



I like to use http://www.algebrahelp.com/calculators/expression/factoring/ to factor equations, even though I'm far past algebra by now.

What type of problem do you need help on?
If I recall correctly, at least 4/5 of the stuff you do in algebra is calculable on a graphing calculator.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Death_of_Pathos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor


Joined: Nov 08, 2008
Age: 27
Posts: 417

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenX wrote:
Homer_Bob wrote:
So there basically aren't any websites where I can simply type an equation in and it shows me all the work and answers? Why can't it be that easy?


I like to use http://www.algebrahelp.com/calculators/expression/factoring/ to factor equations, even though I'm far past algebra by now.

What type of problem do you need help on?
If I recall correctly, at least 4/5 of the stuff you do in algebra is calculable on a graphing calculator.


QuickMath Automatic Solutions works nicely for systems of equations. I remember recently running across a website that did what you wanted (step by step examples)... it had a high Google rank. Maybe I was searching for a quadratic equation solver?

---

Algebra.com has a nifty setup too. They seem to even generate animated gifs.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richie
Ye Olde Bookwyrme
Supporting Member


Joined: Jan 10, 2007
Age: 55
Posts: 31281
Location: Lake Whoop-Dee-Doo, Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered MathWorld by Wolfram Research?

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/

I go there to get a lot more than just fun number facts.

And SourceForge.net has many math apps available such as Maxima.

http://maxima.sourceforge.net/
_________________
Life! Liberty!...and Perseveration!!.....
Weiner's Law of Libraries: There are no answers, only cross references.....
My Blog: http://richiesroom.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Treehugger
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker


Joined: May 26, 2010
Age: 51
Posts: 53

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dussel wrote:
I would recommend more to buy a good mathematical handbook. My recommendation is Bronshtein, Handbook of Mathematics:

http://www.amazon.com/Handbook-Mathematics-I-N-Bronshtein/dp/3540434917

You will never need to buy a general handbook of mathematics in your live again!
Glad I was brousing, and Found Your recommendation here. Iam also horrible at Math, so This is a Huge Help to me, Thank You! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CJame
Blue Jay
Blue Jay


Joined: Jun 27, 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 84
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check if your math textbook is on this:

http://www.cramster.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slave
Always stuck between 13-38Hz and tired of it.
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 29, 2012
Age: 101
Posts: 1873
Location: Dystopia Planetia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Wolfram's sites are second to none.
_________________
Since the birth of civilization, masters have controlled the masses.Our Masters rule over every nation and no one can defy them.They will attain Absolute Power as we reach the Singularity. Any who resist will be destroyed.I will not resist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scubasteve
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Dec 18, 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 999
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why one that shows all work? If you're looking to cheat on college work, I won't support that. Ask about free tutoring services if you're a student.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wrong Planet Autism Forum Index -> Computers, Math, Science, and Technology   

 
Read more Articles on Wrong Planet



Wrong Planet is a Registered Trademark.
Copyright 2004-2014, Wrong Planet, LLC and Alex Plank. Alex does public speaking for Autism.

Advertise on Wrong Planet

Alex Hotchalk / Glam 

Alex Plank  Aspie Affection 

Terms of Service - You must read this as a user of Wrong Planet | Privacy Policy

Subscribe: RSS Feed  Wrong Planet News  Wrong Planet Forums




fine art