WrongPlanet.net
WP Members: > 80,000



Aspie Affection

New Today: 5
New Yesterday: 20

Thoughts on Slavery Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wrong Planet Autism Forum Index -> News and Current Events     
Feralucce
Master Control Program
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 25, 2012
Age: 40
Posts: 1783
Location: New Orleans, LA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slave wrote:
I know that I am a slave. Are you?


I cannot help but feel that this was a trollish post.
_________________
my signature is shameless self promotion:
Blog: http://www.savagelightstudios.com/warpedlens
Short Films: http://www.youtube.com/feralucce
Vlog: http://www.youtube.com/slslookma
company website: http://www.savagelightstudios.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ruveyn
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Sep 22, 2008
Age: 77
Posts: 31331
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slave wrote:
I know that I am a slave. Are you?


1. Who or What is your owner?

2. You were born free (we all were born free) When did you become a slave?

ruveyn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slave
Always stuck between 13-38Hz and tired of it.
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 29, 2012
Age: 101
Posts: 1554
Location: Dystopia Planetia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruveyn wrote:
slave wrote:
I know that I am a slave. Are you?


1. Who or What is your owner?

2. You were born free (we all were born free) When did you become a slave?

ruveyn


Pls read or re-read my signature line as it add pertinent information to my previous comments.

1. I am owned by the Masters who have control over the global financial system. I accept my status as the rejection of my status would be futile.

2. My parents were slaves and so when I was born, I too became a slave. They were also born slaves, though they are unaware of that reality.

Thank you for your answer to my question. I hope my reply is helpful. If it is not, feel free to ask for further clarification.
_________________
Since the birth of civilization, masters have controlled the masses.Our Masters rule over every nation and no one can defy them.They will attain Absolute Power as we reach the Singularity. Any who resist will be destroyed.I will not resist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slave
Always stuck between 13-38Hz and tired of it.
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 29, 2012
Age: 101
Posts: 1554
Location: Dystopia Planetia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feralucce wrote:
slave wrote:
I know that I am a slave. Are you?


I cannot help but feel that this was a trollish post.


It was not my intention to make you uncomfortable with my question. Kindly disregard same. The question was asked to facilitate an opportunity for the reader to ponder

whether or not they are slaves like me or whether they believe that they are free.
_________________
Since the birth of civilization, masters have controlled the masses.Our Masters rule over every nation and no one can defy them.They will attain Absolute Power as we reach the Singularity. Any who resist will be destroyed.I will not resist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
abacacus
Rock 'N Roll Outlaw
Phoenix


Joined: Apr 16, 2007
Age: 22
Posts: 3380

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not a slave, peon would be a better word.

If you were a slave, you would be working a lot harder, have a lot less, and likely be receiving routine beatings.


As far as my thoughts on slavery goes, it's part of human nature. It sucks, but it happens. I doubt it will ever be totally wiped out.
_________________
A shot gun blast into the face of deceit
You'll gain your just reward.
We'll not rest until the purge is complete
You will reap what you've sown.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Feralucce
Master Control Program
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 25, 2012
Age: 40
Posts: 1783
Location: New Orleans, LA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slave wrote:

It was not my intention to make you uncomfortable with my question. Kindly disregard same. The question was asked to facilitate an opportunity for the reader to ponder

whether or not they are slaves like me or whether they believe that they are free.


I was not made uncomfortable in the slightest. A statement like that, if honest, is very thought provoking... if it is spouted simply to elicit an irrational and emotional response, is trolling...

I do not feel that I am a slave. There is always a choice... even when people state "I have no choice."- there is a choice. You may feel that the consequences of your choice are too steep, but there is a choice.

Even the slaves of US history had a choice... run or work... the consequences were more than they were willing to pay (The chances of being caught and killed).
_________________
my signature is shameless self promotion:
Blog: http://www.savagelightstudios.com/warpedlens
Short Films: http://www.youtube.com/feralucce
Vlog: http://www.youtube.com/slslookma
company website: http://www.savagelightstudios.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ruveyn
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Sep 22, 2008
Age: 77
Posts: 31331
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slave wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
slave wrote:
I know that I am a slave. Are you?


1. Who or What is your owner?

2. You were born free (we all were born free) When did you become a slave?

ruveyn


Pls read or re-read my signature line as it add pertinent information to my previous comments.

1. I am owned by the Masters who have control over the global financial system. I accept my status as the rejection of my status would be futile.



No one has a bill of ownership over your body and you cannot be legally sold to anyone.

You exaggerate and you claim is absurd. You think, perhaps, there is a world wide conspiracy of bankers? Perhaps you are right, but that in no way makes anyone your owner.

ruveyn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BuyerBeware
Homo sapiens aspergensis
Phoenix


Joined: Sep 29, 2011
Age: 36
Posts: 1788
Location: PA, USA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, actually, living in modern America, I wonder about that.

I mean, we are not bought and sold (outright) and we are seldom beaten (physically), but...

...what happens if you step too far out of line?? It's not pretty, is it???

I also thought a lot, reading the article, about the number of times I have been openly and explicitly told that I am lesser because there is something "wrong" with me, that I am stupid, that I should be grateful I am permitted to serve someone else, that because of my condition I cannot expect the same things out of life that others do...

Sometimes by evil people, sometimes by self-serving "friends" and relatives, sometimes by people who were getting paid to HELP me, for Christsake. Said with sympathy and all good intentions.

It makes me wonder. Do human beings (or some of us, anyway) seek to create a slave class out of whatever material we can get to create one out of?? Are we that foul?? What's the deal?? Why??
_________________
"I got kicked off of Noah's Ark. I turned my cheek to unkind remarks. There was two of everything and one of me. When the rains came tumbling down, I held my breath and I stood my ground..." --John Prine, "Sweet Revenge"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feralucce
Master Control Program
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 25, 2012
Age: 40
Posts: 1783
Location: New Orleans, LA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruveyn wrote:
slave wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
slave wrote:
I know that I am a slave. Are you?


1. Who or What is your owner?

2. You were born free (we all were born free) When did you become a slave?

ruveyn


Pls read or re-read my signature line as it add pertinent information to my previous comments.

1. I am owned by the Masters who have control over the global financial system. I accept my status as the rejection of my status would be futile.



No one has a bill of ownership over your body and you cannot be legally sold to anyone.

You exaggerate and you claim is absurd. You think, perhaps, there is a world wide conspiracy of bankers? Perhaps you are right, but that in no way makes anyone your owner.

ruveyn


Your assumptions are incorrect.

How do you know no bill of sale exists? I can write you a bill of sale for everything I own... legally...

The laws on slavery state "Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

A person can sell themselves into servitude voluntarily in the us... which is a point made by a couple libertarians...

BUT... you are assuming that the individual in question is in the united states....
_________________
my signature is shameless self promotion:
Blog: http://www.savagelightstudios.com/warpedlens
Short Films: http://www.youtube.com/feralucce
Vlog: http://www.youtube.com/slslookma
company website: http://www.savagelightstudios.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
OliveOilMom
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Nov 12, 2011
Posts: 9055

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Declension wrote:
Slavery is a good issue to troll libertarians with. Libertarians claim that you own your own body, and therefore that you should be allowed to sell yourself into bondage.


Well, there used to be indentured servitude, which sometimes worked out well for both sides.

Not trying to start an argument at all, but just rather asking. I've never heard that from them. What's that about? Do they really say that you should be able to sell yourself into slavery, or are you being metaphorical? In a way I could see that being logical at first, but after thinking about it longer, it's not. By selling yourself into slavery you are giving up all rights to yourself which I'm presuming they also believe that everyone has inherantly. That we are all born with complete and total final say about ourselves, and that is simply the natural order of things. However, by selling ourselves then we violate that idea completely because if we naturally have total right over ourselves then the mere exchange of money shouldn't be able to remove that right.
_________________
Menopause is just God's little joke, because getting old just isn't bad enough all by itself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feralucce
Master Control Program
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 25, 2012
Age: 40
Posts: 1783
Location: New Orleans, LA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OliveOilMom wrote:
Declension wrote:
Slavery is a good issue to troll libertarians with. Libertarians claim that you own your own body, and therefore that you should be allowed to sell yourself into bondage.


Well, there used to be indentured servitude, which sometimes worked out well for both sides.

Not trying to start an argument at all, but just rather asking. I've never heard that from them. What's that about? Do they really say that you should be able to sell yourself into slavery, or are you being metaphorical? In a way I could see that being logical at first, but after thinking about it longer, it's not. By selling yourself into slavery you are giving up all rights to yourself which I'm presuming they also believe that everyone has inherantly. That we are all born with complete and total final say about ourselves, and that is simply the natural order of things. However, by selling ourselves then we violate that idea completely because if we naturally have total right over ourselves then the mere exchange of money shouldn't be able to remove that right.


Provided my Mr xXx
http://www.lewrockwell.com/block/block134.html

http://www.walterblock.com/


But couldn't some argue that, by denying someone the ability to do that very thing, YOU are impinging on that very right.
_________________
my signature is shameless self promotion:
Blog: http://www.savagelightstudios.com/warpedlens
Short Films: http://www.youtube.com/feralucce
Vlog: http://www.youtube.com/slslookma
company website: http://www.savagelightstudios.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
OliveOilMom
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Nov 12, 2011
Posts: 9055

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feralucce wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Declension wrote:
Slavery is a good issue to troll libertarians with. Libertarians claim that you own your own body, and therefore that you should be allowed to sell yourself into bondage.


Well, there used to be indentured servitude, which sometimes worked out well for both sides.

Not trying to start an argument at all, but just rather asking. I've never heard that from them. What's that about? Do they really say that you should be able to sell yourself into slavery, or are you being metaphorical? In a way I could see that being logical at first, but after thinking about it longer, it's not. By selling yourself into slavery you are giving up all rights to yourself which I'm presuming they also believe that everyone has inherantly. That we are all born with complete and total final say about ourselves, and that is simply the natural order of things. However, by selling ourselves then we violate that idea completely because if we naturally have total right over ourselves then the mere exchange of money shouldn't be able to remove that right.


Provided my Mr xXx
http://www.lewrockwell.com/block/block134.html

http://www.walterblock.com/


But couldn't some argue that, by denying someone the ability to do that very thing, YOU are impinging on that very right.


I can't imagine wanting to do that, but to each their own.

The computer is being slow today so I got tired of waiting for the articles to load so I didn't read them. I'm not being lazy.

Now, there are some people into some types of kink who like a master/slave relationship. Some will write up a contract and live it out, day to day. But, it's not actual slavery because it's mutually consensual and either could walk out on it at any time, legally.

Oh well.

I do think that our bodies are our own and if we choose to sell a kidney or sex that we should have that right. I can sell my hair, why can I not choose to sell a kidney? Bad ideas aren't illegal. I can take money to give someone a back rub or to cut their nasty toenails, but I can't take money to have sex with somebody in this country. Why? Some things just don't make sense to me.

As for selling yourself into slavery, I can't imagine a situation where I'd want to do that. If it's in the article, I apologize for not reading it.
_________________
Menopause is just God's little joke, because getting old just isn't bad enough all by itself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feralucce
Master Control Program
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 25, 2012
Age: 40
Posts: 1783
Location: New Orleans, LA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that is what legal slavery is about... No matter what the politicians imply, people can walk out of it because of the willingness aspect engendered in american law... However, there can be breech of contract lawsuits...
_________________
my signature is shameless self promotion:
Blog: http://www.savagelightstudios.com/warpedlens
Short Films: http://www.youtube.com/feralucce
Vlog: http://www.youtube.com/slslookma
company website: http://www.savagelightstudios.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
slave
Always stuck between 13-38Hz and tired of it.
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 29, 2012
Age: 101
Posts: 1554
Location: Dystopia Planetia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruveyn wrote:
slave wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
slave wrote:
I know that I am a slave. Are you?


1. Who or What is your owner?

2. You were born free (we all were born free) When did you become a slave?

ruveyn


Pls read or re-read my signature line as it add pertinent information to my previous comments.

1. I am owned by the Masters who have control over the global financial system. I accept my status as the rejection of my status would be futile.



No one has a bill of ownership over your body and you cannot be legally sold to anyone.

You exaggerate and you claim is absurd. You think, perhaps, there is a world wide conspiracy of bankers? Perhaps you are right, but that in no way makes anyone your owner.

ruveyn


Oh, come on ruveyn! Do I have to spell it out for you? Wink

Look, I read your posts all over WP and I know that you are very intelligent, erudite and logical. It is obvious that like most of of us you have a high need to understand how 'things' really work. So look at the obvious.

Slavery is 100% about controlling the productivity of another human. To do so one must in some way control the human and be able to take away the results of their

productivity. My productivity is my labor(mental or physical or both). If someone can take part of or all of the results of my productivity away from me then I am a slave.

What happens if a person declines to pay taxes? After some written encouragement(read threats) to comply, nice men in uniforms will take you by force for you to receive

your punishment for defying your Masters. Try to run. They will find you. Try to hide. They will find you. They take money from you for living on your OWN land.

Does that feel free to you?

I know that I am a slave.
_________________
Since the birth of civilization, masters have controlled the masses.Our Masters rule over every nation and no one can defy them.They will attain Absolute Power as we reach the Singularity. Any who resist will be destroyed.I will not resist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Inventor
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 16, 2007
Posts: 5436
Location: New Orleans

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Mauritania they are squatters. The country is controlled by Tribes, who own all the land, so no tribe, you pay rent to someone.

From the article, they eat, live in tents, wear clothes, and maintain a fair standard of living compared to most of the Sahal. People are dying of hunger and thirst all across the region.

A lack of cash wages is not proof of slavery. It would also do no good because they cannot count, there are no stores, they are hundreds of miles out in the sand.

They are not only free, but unwanted. Once Blacks were enslaved, used in salt caravans, but that was over a thousand years ago.

To the south there is a river, the country on the other side is Black African, they do not want to go back. They do not have tribe, family, or even speak the language.

The western side is near barren, little water, no soil, and running goats is about the whole economy. The land is held by arab tribes, who also own the goats.

These people being called slaves are more like beggers, most are dark as night, so they were not the slaves of Arabs for a thousand years, they recently crossed the river from the south.

In a lower economy, they are like our Mexicans who just wandered in to California.

The writer of this article lied about why he was there, skipped over the social structure, economics, and is trying to create an issue.

White God, fixes Africa on six day visit. Calls for UN invasion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wrong Planet Autism Forum Index -> News and Current Events   
Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

 
Read more Articles on Wrong Planet



Wrong Planet is a Registered Trademark.
Copyright 2004-2014, Wrong Planet, LLC and Alex Plank. Alex does public speaking for Autism.

Advertise on Wrong Planet

Alex Hotchalk / Glam 

Alex Plank  Aspie Affection 

Terms of Service - You must read this as a user of Wrong Planet | Privacy Policy

Subscribe: RSS Feed  Wrong Planet News  Wrong Planet Forums




fine art