Page 7 of 23 [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 4:24 am

:lol:

I am amazed!! !! !

"We don't'have Asperger's', we are Brahmins!":sunny:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt51706.html

( sorry-But how can he have such impression on Brahmins?!I can imagine a part of it, but...)

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 9:03 am

weird article................cant actually comment

metaphysics wrote:
:lol:

I am amazed!! !! !

"We don't'have Asperger's', we are Brahmins!":sunny:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt51706.html

( sorry-But how can he have such impression on Brahmins?!I can imagine a part of it, but...)

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 9:09 am

Where are the others :roll: ??

Perhaps they are very hard-working.. :roll: :wink:

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 12:11 am

metaphysics wrote:
Where are the others :roll: ??

Perhaps they are very hard-working.. :roll: :wink:

Hullo metaphysics. Welcome to the Indian aspies forum!!

Desi global citizen eh? I've spent all my life in India and still considered myself a global citizen, till I saw this. Now I think I was only being a global 'netizen'.

This thread is well, kind of not too active. Someone posts something, people reply to it, and then it goes back to slumber. Thankfully new people keep coming and replying, so I'm grateful to Sabu for creating this thread. (and hateful to myself for almost killing it in the beginning. I shiver to think how many Indians still go away from the first page itself.)

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 11:39 pm

Hullo...namaste :wink: :heart:

Dhawal ji..

The word 'netizen' is interesting( checkd wiki for the meaning of it)

I am the 100th one ! !! ! :P :heart: :heart:

How about People who have AS in India??

I am so curious :wink:

P.S. Where is Sabu??

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 4:51 am

metaphysics wrote:
Hullo...namaste :wink: :heart:

Dhawal ji..

The word 'netizen' is interesting( checkd wiki for the meaning of it)

I am the 100th one ! !! ! :P :heart: :heart:

How about People who have AS in India??

I am so curious :wink:

P.S. Where is Sabu??

Damn. So I'm not even a netizen. I said global netizen in the sense that I travel the world throught the internet, watching korean movies, reading about arabic script, translating from thai, listening to Malian music, reading about pre-columbian civilisations, you get the idea. I'm hardly ever active on online discussion forums, so I guess I'm not a netizen.

You said you're the 100th. In what sense, like on this thread, 100th Indian in WP or what?

About aspies in India I don't know much, that's why I value this thread a lot. I hope to learn more about others like me, there's a lot more diversity than I expected. What I do know is that most Indian aspies don't have the faintest clue, that they are so different from the others. Zero autism awareness in India. They're clueless in every sense of the word, just like I was till 5 years ago.

Mr. Sabu has not been very active lately, his last post on WP was I think in April 2010. I guess it's time to send him a PM, maybe he'll respond.

P.S. You use quite a lot of emoticons. Not saying it is bad or something, just saying :)

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 9:22 pm

Dhawal wrote:
reading about arabic script
You said you're the 100th. In what sense, like on this thread, 100th Indian in WP or what?

About aspies in India I don't know much, that's why I value this thread a lot. I hope to learn more about others like me, there's a lot more diversity than I expected. What I do know is that most Indian aspies don't have the faintest clue, that they are so different from the others. Zero autism awareness in India. They're clueless in every sense of the word, just like I was till 5 years ago.

I am curious about Arabic script...

I think they can be clueless...I can imagine...

For the 100 th, I mean in this thread. I don't think I am the 100 th Indian, I think there are less than 10, perhaps.

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 9:35 am

metaphysics wrote:

Wikipedia to the rescue !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_alphabet

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 7:14 am

Dhawal wrote:
metaphysics wrote:

Wikipedia to the rescue !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_alphabet

Anything else please?

I am still curious!! !! :roll:

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 11:18 am

metaphysics wrote:
Anything else please?

I am still curious!! !! :roll:

Is there anything in particular? I only know as much about Arabic or any other script, what I've read on the internet.

Meera
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Aug 2011, 4:26 pm

Wow! This thread is awesoem, never thought thered be a thread like this. Im also Indian but Im an NRI now. :) Nice to meet you guys. My name is Meera.

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 10:33 pm

Meera wrote:
Wow! This thread is awesoem, never thought thered be a thread like this. Im also Indian but Im an NRI now. :) Nice to meet you guys. My name is Meera.

Hi Meera, welcome to Indian aspies forum!! So how long have you been living in US?

I hope you can make good contributions to this thread, and also gain something from it :)

Meera
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Aug 2011, 1:25 pm

Dhawal wrote:
Meera wrote:

Hi Meera, welcome to Indian aspies forum!! So how long have you been living in US?

I hope you can make good contributions to this thread, and also gain something from it :)

I have been living in the United States for about 12 years now. Yes, I hope so too :) I was very happy to see this thread on here :D

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2011, 2:37 am

Meera wrote:
I have been living in the United States for about 12 years now. Yes, I hope so too :) I was very happy to see this thread on here :D

Do you still come to India sometimes? How is it here compared to US, in terms of aspergers and otherwise?

Meera
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Aug 2011, 1:53 pm

Dhawal wrote:
Meera wrote:

Do you still come to India sometimes? How is it here compared to US, in terms of aspergers and otherwise?

Yes I go to India a lot. Both are diffrent, but both are not drastically diffrent. Maybe its beacause I'm female? In India my parents tend to be more judgemental but Indians themselfs are more accepting and for me in India I can make freinds eaiser. In the United States its very hard for me to make freinds (maybe it is also a language barrier?). But also, I'm a very very shy aspie and I don't talk very much. But i think services in the United States for aspergers are a lot better than in India. Have you ever been to the United States? Which part of India are you from?

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2011, 11:00 pm

Meera wrote:
Yes I go to India a lot. Both are diffrent, but both are not drastically diffrent. Maybe its beacause I'm female? In India my parents tend to be more judgemental but Indians themselfs are more accepting and for me in India I can make freinds eaiser. In the United States its very hard for me to make freinds (maybe it is also a language barrier?). But also, I'm a very very shy aspie and I don't talk very much. But i think services in the United States for aspergers are a lot better than in India. Have you ever been to the United States? Which part of India are you from?

I'm from Ahmedabad, Gujarat. I've never even been to Nepal, forget US. Can't afford it :)

I have to agree with you when you say that Indians are more accepting. They are more social and friendly, but that can also be at times a problem. Because they want you to be one of them, they are less inclined to accept your differences. Western people believe more in individuality, but they might stay away from you thinking you're a freak or something (that's what I've heard).