Now come get to know me! [Member Blog Registry]

Page 6 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next

ananallow
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2012, 11:12 pm

Hello,

I think I have a lot of the traits people with AS will identify with. I posted an article about how I see some of the differences between myself and other people. However, this is my first post on this blog, so I can't put the link here. It is on the left, or below (I think? hope?) : my homepage.

I am 26 years old. I'd rather not share my name - I have not yet mentioned to anyone that I am self-diagnosing myself of this stuff.

quirkyandlaughing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jan 2012, 1:55 pm

lelia wrote:
Quirkyandlaughing: I LOVE your blog!

Thanks, Lelia! Can't wait to check yours out!

quirkyandlaughing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jan 2012, 1:57 pm

[quote="ananallow"However, this is my first post on this blog, so I can't put the link here. It is on the left, or below (I think? hope?) : my homepage.
[/quote]

Ananallow - we can't see it now, but if you put it in your sig we'll be able to. I think the threshold is just 5 posts anyway, so you'll be able to post a link in the body really soon. Can't wait to check your blog out!

jcsesecuneta
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2012, 9:05 am

Nice thread.

Here's mine, if in case you are curious about my interests and where I am today.

The Hæven of John™ - jcsesecuneta dot com (Personal blog and everything else)
gameshogun™ - gameshogun dot ws (Gaming blog)

Feel free to subscribe to my Atom/RSS/XML feed.

Now to start blog hopping ^_^ (and subscribing)

Aspie/NT score: 154:41
AQ: 35

The Hæven of John?: http://jcsesecuneta.com
gameshogun?: http://gameshogun.ws

Add Me: https://frndc.com/~jcsesecuneta
Follow Me: http://parlementum.net/jcsesecuneta

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Mar 2012, 2:53 pm

you can check out my site over at:

http://freakgeekunique.co.uk

its all about me and my life with some opinion and some total nonsense thrown in. It may be of help to some or it may just be an entertaining read. any feedback would be great

smen
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Mar 2012, 9:06 pm

Im not sure whether to post a reply or a new topic to introduce myself. I am a 25 yr. Old diagnosed female from MN.....I am here because the support resources in my area I feel are not adequate for me. My blog, which I recently started) is aspiegirlworld dot blogspot dot com.....it wont let me post the address because I am new but then that defeats the whole point of this thread doesn't it

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2012, 4:13 am

smen wrote:
Im not sure whether to post a reply or a new topic to introduce myself. I am a 25 yr. Old diagnosed female from MN.....I am here because the support resources in my area I feel are not adequate for me. My blog, which I recently started) is aspiegirlworld dot blogspot dot com.....it wont let me post the address because I am new but then that defeats the whole point of this thread doesn't it

hey. i will follow your blog. i will do a link swap with you if you want. i will say one thing though, please add more paragraphs to your writing. when you have adhd, looking at a huge paragraph makes you want to leave the site. other than that i look forward to reading it.

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 11:52 pm

http://kirukiruchan.livejournal.com/

I post mostly about disability things... or try to. I don't have that many autistic/aspie followers who really understand the issues I have. >~<

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

AlyssaRae
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Mar 2012, 7:36 pm

Hello, I'm new here :)

stillsearching1961
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Apr 2012, 4:23 pm

Hello All ,
I am new here and just checking out the site. I have been trying to diagnose myself for quite a while and the current theory is that I have a.s. I still have a few questions which I hope I will be able to ask some of you to help confirm my suspicions.
I love to read and communicate through this filter because It feels good and helps relieve the lonely times.
I have 2 small dogs which help alot also. Btw I also have adhd and some substance abuse issues although 20 months clean and sober right now. I am also doing my best to help (1/2 time) parent my 12 yr old son.
Well if your still here reading this , ...wow , you need a hobby...lol
Best wishes to all and thank you for lookin at my note :) :roll:

iamthealien
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 May 2012, 10:40 am

I started a personal blog on this site..... I want it to be about my journey since my diagnosis. How the more I find out about aspi, the more I get to identify with something or someone besides myself.
A little background
The world has been pretty frustrating for me. I would develop mantras like "its hard to be a smart girl, in a dumb world."But that was not it. There are lots of intelligent people out there. What I did not understand was why would people get so emotional over things.
When my parents divorced, I did not feel the pain that the rest of my family seem to. I understood the reason for the separation, and logically it was the best choice for those involved.
Most of the time i have been frustrated, angry, and bewildered by the emotions and choices of others. As well as by their perceptions of me. I have been labeled stuck up, (cuz i am pretty?) rude, insensitive, narcissistic, weird, (even when hangin with "fringe" groups). Its strange when the outcasts shun you.
I tried drugs, alcohol, and sex, to fit in. that did not work well. I tried retreating. There again no success. I did not understand why people were repulsed from me, like a magnetic field that kept everyone and everything out. All I wanted was to connect on some level.
Frustrated and confused I stumbled forth. failing at just about everything I tried. Knowing now it is/was because I am unable to understand the nuances that others take for granted.
My journey starts here. With this new knowledge.

LovesMoose
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 May 2012, 1:15 am

Hello, Alien ~

I love intelligent and honest writing like yours in your contribution to this thread. I identify with how you express yourself. There are so many different personalities here. We are not all the same. We don't all display autistic characteristics in the same way. It's really nice to have come across something that feels like I could have written it.

Last year I started this thread: Straight Talk for Women. It's not just for older women. I neglected that thread and noticed that no one has been there in months, but when it was up and running I found it comforting connecting with others struggling with some of the same issues that I do.

Anyway, hopefully you'll finding some peace in sounding out your own challenges by writing. I'll check the blog you mentioned. Mine is launching next Sunday. You can find it at www.LovesMoose.com. There's a splash page up until I'm ready to launch. I'll be sure to post back here and let everyone know when it's ready. (This has been quite a journey with my blog.)

Carla

DannyDarkHorse
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jul 2012, 9:01 am

Hi guys, first time posting on this forum, nice to have a place where I can actually talk about my problems :)

I've always felt like I am different, like I am underwater and everyone else is in a boat. Understanding and doing simple things seemed hard to me, and I was shunned in conversation and felt so misunderstood.

But it isn't all bad - I say things that others (NT's) would never think of saying, I can put pen to paper and write stories and articles that can amaze people, I can pick up a camera and produce a short film that can astound people. I go above and beyond wherever possible to make up for my shortcomings, and this suprises people (which is where I earned the nickname 'Dark Horse').

I had no idea what Aspergers was until, funnily enough, I saw an episode of South Park called Assburgers. I did some research, felt like I was reading my life story, and so I made the first step and talked to my GP. I am now awaiting some kind of test to make this all official and maybe get some answers.

Anyway, thats a little bit about me! Thanks for reading and I hope to chat to some of you awesome guys on the forums.

:D

LeeRude
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jul 2012, 5:27 am

I told my boss today, by email, telling I needed the day off to relax since I had have no time to sleep since I discovered I have Aspergers syndrome and that I am being diagnosed for adhd.
I am such a reckless a**hole. Why can’t I wait until I have a diagnose? What is wrong with me? My phycology-something is back from holydays in two weeks. I called them. I even told the receptionist that said he was on holyday.
I'm really wish I could wait, but no, here I go again, making it as hard as possible, raising the stakes. I am a careful guy most times and this is unprecedented. I am actually asking to be classified by the government if you are being pedant about it. And I am. What’s next? Going all in by telling my mother?

skakitty
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jul 2012, 12:01 pm

Hi, I didn't want to start my own into thread so thought i'd post here.

I'm 28, live in the south east and am the proud owner of a Beagle :)

I'm NT and my boyfriend is AS/ADD. We've been nearly 2 years and at the moment he is studying abroad in the USA (we both come from the UK)

I would consider myself to be very emotionally intelligent and empathic, but I also suffer with general anxiety and panic attacks, quite severely at times of high stress. My boyfriend is intelligent and caring, but can be very blunt and not understand my emotions a lot of the time.

I've joined to ask a couple questions and to learn everything I can about AS/ADD so I can support my boyfriend as best as I can.

fubar
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jul 2012, 1:39 am

well, if anyone is interested, it can be found in my signature. I'd like people to comment if possible.