Page 4 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Of the following, who would you support for the nomination?
Newt Gingrich 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Sarah Palin 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Herman Cain 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Mitt Romney 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Tim Pawlenty 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Michelle Bachman 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Rick Santorum 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ron Paul 44%  44%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 27

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 2:30 pm

Orwell wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Oh, and to the poll: the entire Republican field is a train wreck.

It really is astonishing. It should be easy to beat Obama, and yet the GOP has absolutely no one up to the task. Where are the conservative leaders?

Oh I think they are there, you should learn to do your own research and not simply believe what some paid Obama flunkie tells you.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 2:36 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Only reason you think they are stupid is because they are pro-life and not only talk the talk, they walk the walk. Palin was told she should abort her youngest son, she didn't. Bachmann has been a foster parent for numerous kids.

I applaud Bozo Palin here. It takes real integrity to have a disabled fetus when you know you have an army of severants to look after it and nearly unlimited resources. Regardless, the main attacks on Bozo Palin aren't about Trig, although her disgusting tendency to start yammering about how the media hates Trig anytime columnists criticize her wilful idiocy may confuse some of the more unreflective members of the Con Artist movement. The attacks are about her gross ignorance of history, flip flops (she was for wealth redistribution before she was against it), her support for witch hunting pastors, and her love of theocracy.

Okay so in your view one of my cousins is also some sort of nonhuman... To be perfectly frank you really went way over the line.

Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Right now all I've seen from liberals here is a bad case of sexism.

I'm not even sure why I argue with you. If I was tasked with writing up a comical, unreflective, robotic, and utterly clueless radical conservative for a sitcome, a character who'd just parrot brain dead talking points, I couldn't imagine a character with as much gold as you.

That's funny coming from someone whom believes that because someone has a disability, they aren't a person.

Okay, Inuyasha, I'm going to ask this once: WITHDRAW YOUR SLANDER AGAINST ME IMMEDIATELY. I realize you have some serious, ideologically induced reading comprehension problems, but even you should be able to read the statement and realize that nowhere did I state that people with Down syndrome were nonhuman (and that's a pretty stupid interpretation even for you, given that I've said immune cells are "human life" in the past). The whole statement used said that carying a fetus to term is a relatively easy choice when you know you won't be pressed to provide for it.

Last edited by Master_Pedant on 26 May 2011, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 2:36 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Only reason you think they are stupid is because they are pro-life and not only talk the talk, they walk the walk. Palin was told she should abort her youngest son, she didn't. Bachmann has been a foster parent for numerous kids.

I applaud Bozo Palin here. It takes real integrity to have a disabled fetus when you know you have an army of severants to look after it and nearly unlimited resources. Regardless, the main attacks on Bozo Palin aren't about Trig, although her disgusting tendency to start yammering about how the media hates Trig anytime columnists criticize her wilful idiocy may confuse some of the more unreflective members of the Con Artist movement. The attacks are about her gross ignorance of history, flip flops (she was for wealth redistribution before she was against it), her support for witch hunting pastors, and her love of theocracy.

Okay so in your view one of my cousins is also some sort of nonhuman... To be perfectly frank you really went way over the line.

Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I'm not even sure why I argue with you. If I was tasked with writing up a comical, unreflective, robotic, and utterly clueless radical conservative for a sitcome, a character who'd just parrot brain dead talking points, I couldn't imagine a character with as much gold as you.

That's funny coming from someone whom believes that because someone has a disability, they aren't a person.

OK, now you're being deliberately dishonest. MP made no such comment, and you know it.

Quote:
@ Orwell

You're confusing a gaffe with being an idiot, why aren't you running around claiming Biden is an idiot?

I've never made any claim endorsing Biden's intelligence. He graduated towards the low end of his class with cakewalk majors. But he does not exhibit his idiocy quite so much as Palin and Bachmann do theirs, and as far as I can tell he isn't actually as dumb as they are.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 2:46 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Okay, Inuyasha, I'm going to ask this once: WITHDRAW YOUR SLANDER AGAINST ME IMMEDIATELY. I realize you have some serious, ideologically induced reading comprehension problems, but even you should be able to read the statement and realize that nowhere did I state that people with Down syndrome were nonhuman (and that's a pretty stupid interpretation even for you, given that I've said immune cells are "human life" in the past). The whole statement used said that carying a fetus to term is a relatively easy choice when you know you won't be pressed to provide for it.

Actually you kinda did call them nonhuman, I have a long memory, you were one of the individuals that claimed a fetus is not a human being nor are they a person. Can't have it both ways Master_Pedant.

If you want to talk about slander, I should be going after you over your con-artist comments.

Orwell wrote:
OK, now you're being deliberately dishonest. MP made no such comment, and you know it.

Actually it wasn't, though you probably wouldn't know about the thread I'm referring to because you tended to stay out of the abortion related threads.

Orwell wrote:
I've never made any claim endorsing Biden's intelligence. He graduated towards the low end of his class with cakewalk majors. But he does not exhibit his idiocy quite so much as Palin and Bachmann do theirs, and as far as I can tell he isn't actually as dumb as they are.

In case you haven't been paying attention, you'd realize the American Media has been rather careful not to cover his gaffes or Obama's for that matter.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 2:49 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Actually you kinda did call them nonhuman, I have a long memory,

So? Having good long-term (semantic) memory is a definitional feature of any Asperger's diagnosis.

Inuyasha wrote:
you were one of the individuals that claimed a fetus is not a human being nor are they a person. Can't have it both ways Master_Pedant.

There is something very distinct about calling a feus a non-person and calling a born human being with a disability a non-person. You're implication that I view born human beings with disabilities non-person is not supported by any statements I have made.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 2:50 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
In case you haven't been paying attention, you'd realize the American Media has been rather careful not to cover his gaffes or Obama's for that matter.

You're delusional. I do not know of a single media outlet that is not critical of Obama (or at the very least includes editorials, interviewees, etc bashing him from time to time). Yes, this includes outlets that are explicitly left-wing. And when you go to the conservative media outlets, the criticism just gets absolutely comical. Hell, there have been "news" channels criticizing Obama for what kind of shoes he wears while on vacation in Hawaii.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 2:54 pm

Observe the shifting goal post:

Inuyasha wrote:
Actually you kinda did call them nonhuman, I have a long memory, you were one of the individuals that claimed a fetus is not a human being nor are they a person. Can't have it both ways Master_Pedant.

Non-human != non-person, and MP has never once applied either of those labels to anyone already born. You started out accusing MP of calling disabled people "nonhuman" and when called on your grotesque slander retreated to citing his claim that unborn fetuses do not qualify as legal persons. You are being completely dishonest.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 3:10 pm

Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Non-human != non-person, and MP has never once applied either of those labels to anyone already born. You started out accusing MP of calling disabled people "nonhuman" and when called on your grotesque slander retreated to citing his claim that unborn fetuses do not qualify as legal persons. You are being completely dishonest.

I haven't shifted the goal post, I merely explained my line of reasoning.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 3:14 pm

Fine, but your line of reasoning was wrong and led you to make an offensive mischaracterization of another poster's views.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 3:15 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Okay, even though you're probably a troll, I'll just try to explain this to you:

Inuyasha wrote:

That statement is asserting that I believe certain human beings are not persons because they are disabled, something I've never said.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 3:17 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Okay, even though you're probably a troll, I'll just try to explain this to you:

Inuyasha wrote:

That statement is asserting that I believe certain human beings are not persons because they are disabled, something I've never said.

I apologize for misinterpreting what you said. On the flipside, could you please in the future be more careful in how you word things in the future.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 3:18 pm

Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

You're delusional. I do not know of a single media outlet that is not critical of Obama (or at the very least includes editorials, interviewees, etc bashing him from time to time). Yes, this includes outlets that are explicitly left-wing. And when you go to the conservative media outlets, the criticism just gets absolutely comical. Hell, there have been "news" channels criticizing Obama for what kind of shoes he wears while on vacation in Hawaii.

And have gone as far as questioning his manhood; stating he was relaxing on the beach smoking Virginia Slims. Also, I remember Schwarzenegger during the election campaign making fun of his physique stating he needed to do some squats.

Olbermann, often called out Obama on policies that he did not agree with, with his "special commentaries".

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 3:19 pm

Last edited by Master_Pedant on 26 May 2011, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 3:20 pm

MP's wording was clear, and that was a completely BS apology. Inuyasha, no one here is responsible for the fact that you're a complete idiot who can barely comprehend basic English. Nothing MP said in this thread remotely provoked your disgusting attack.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 3:21 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
I apologize for misinterpreting what you said. On the flipside, could you please in the future be more careful in how you word things in the future.

Okay, and I'll try.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 3:35 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Oh, and Inuyasha should always keep this in mind next time he pontificates on his "good memory":

Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
have the reputation of being a walking encyclopedia.

Not around these parts. Other Aspies aren't as likely to be impressed with little memory parlor tricks.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf156878-0-45.html

Master_Pedant, I've never claimed to be perfect, nor did I claim to be a thesaurus (sp?).

Orwell wrote:
MP's wording was clear, and that was a completely BS apology. Inuyasha, no one here is responsible for the fact that you're a complete idiot who can barely comprehend basic English. Nothing MP said in this thread remotely provoked your disgusting attack.

:roll:

Thank you for once again demonstrating why I have little to no respect for you.

Master_Pedant wrote:
Okay, and I'll try.

Okay let's get back to topic.

So far concerning the Republican Primary:

Newt Gingrich has a good resume of balancing the budget, but seems to be suffering from a bad case of foot in mouth disease, hopefully he gets his act together.

Ron Paul is quite simply crazy in my view, last time we were that isolationist the world went to hell in a handbasket.

Mitt Romney reminds me too much of a used car salesman, and has the problem of Romney Care.

Herman Cain, I actually like what I've seen thus far. He's run successful businesses and though he hasn't been in politics till now, we may need someone that has actually delivered pizzas instead of someone that has stocked up on pork.

Tim Pawlenty (sp?) is meh, I have no real opinion one way or the other.

Sarah Palin I actually think she could beat Obama. We already know her negatives (as well as a bunch of made up negatives), the leftist in the media wouldn't really have anything new to throw at her.

Michelle Bachmann, I like her but I don't think she has enough experience, not sure she's run a state or business either.