Women Who Write on Aspergers - Links Wanted

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LovesMoose
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jun 2012, 7:16 pm

For the past few months I've been trying to find some links to blogs and blog posts written by women with Aspergers. But this hasn't been an easy task. Do you have any suggestions? I'm especially interested in things written by women in their late 20s and older, but would love to browse anything you provide, including your own material. I've been feeling a bit anxious lately about not being able to locate an established community of women that I can interact with online. I'm trying to get my thread, Straight Talk for Women, back up and running, but a few of us seem to be in agreement that older women aren't all that easy to locate in this forum anymore. I'd welcome any input on this and especially would love it if you could share some links.

Thank you!

Carla

LOVES MOOSE on TWITTER
LOVES MOOSE on FACEBOOK

Scatmaster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

PocketTurtle
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jun 2012, 11:14 pm

LovesMoose

I'm new here and believe I have aspergers. I'm an older mom and am hoping to make some similar friends here. Maybe we can start a thread for older women.

*Turtle

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jun 2012, 11:56 pm

I haven't done a blog in ages, but I do maintain an Epinions review site. I do not know how much this will help - sorry if it is too impersonal and product-centered, but it's the best I can offer right now outside of a Q&A:

www.epinions.com/user-thewisefool

LovesMoose
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jun 2012, 1:46 am

Turtle, I started a thread last fall called Straight Talk for Women. It focuses on older women. Here's the link:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt172578.html

Scatmaster, thanks for the link. I'll still browse your reviews even though they're not specific to Aspergers. I appreciate the link! :P

Here's an excellent forward Tony Atwood wrote for the book "Safety Skills for Aspergers Women." It's long and detailed, but as I kept reading I found an increased sense of connection and calm. I feel this forward really summarizes things quite well.

http://www.tonyattwood.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=917&Itemid=720

But I'm hoping for some material written by more women.

Thanks!

Carla

LOVES MOOSE on TWITTER
LOVES MOOSE on FACEBOOK

Scatmaster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jun 2012, 6:36 am

Oh, it's not my blog, just an interesting blog I found.

LovesMoose
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jun 2012, 9:17 am

I've seen her blog before, but thanks for reminding me about it. :P

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 9:28 am

I believe that this girl is 25 or 26 now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnMish

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 10:50 am

Autistic Duckie

click on the link above!

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

ButterflyLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jun 2012, 11:54 pm

I agree, i would much rather read about a woman writing about Asperger's then a man since there are very real differences in how men and women with AS are.

i will do some searching to see if i can find any good links for you (perhaps if we have enough women looking around for this we can compile a nice little list for others who find this site later)

You are very likely an Aspie

LovesMoose
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jun 2012, 11:58 pm

That would be awesome, Butterfly. I'm trying to compile a list for my resources page on my blog I'm starting. But I'm not finding much. Then again I'm not likely to check the hundreds of thousands of hits I get when doing a Google search. So surely I'm missing some great ones.

Carla

LOVES MOOSE on TWITTER
LOVES MOOSE on FACEBOOK

ButterflyLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jun 2012, 12:05 am

yea there are alot of results that come up and many of the things i have come across talking about women with AS were written by men (totally different perspective) there are some books out there i have come across that are written by females but i will also do some more searching to find blogs and such written by women with AS.

LovesMoose
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jun 2012, 12:23 am

Tony Atwood is one of the exceptions. He has a depth of understanding that I really appreciate. But I'm really wanting to hear first person accounts from women. :P

ButterflyLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jun 2012, 12:33 am

yea I like Tony Atwood as well. one female writer i know about is Rudy Simone. i have found atleast 2 books that she has written (but those are books not blogs like you were looking for) the one i just got from the library of hers is "Aspergirls: Empowering Females with Asperger Syndrome" i haven't gotten far but so far it is really good.

LovesMoose
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jun 2012, 12:43 am

Butterfly, I do know about Rudy and would like to get that book along with the other ones you linked to another discussion thread. Usually I buy used, but if I decide to buy new I'll do so via your links. :P

I'm on Facebook and Twitter. See my links below. If you know of any Aspergers women on those sites, would you please let me know? I'd love to follow them.

Thank you!!

Carla

LOVES MOOSE on TWITTER
LOVES MOOSE on FACEBOOK

ButterflyLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jun 2012, 12:53 am

sure i can do that, and if you find any that i don't come across it would be great if you do the same for me :) (i'll "follow" you on Twitter and "add" you to Facebook! keep an eye out for me. my real name is Jessica.)