Page 1 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

I-Return
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Sep 2008, 1:29 pm

I have Asperger's, but aspies in general piss me off because:

-They whine a lot.
-They can't take any criticism.
-They only see things from their point of view.
-They're selfish (lack of empathy).
-They think--without ANY evidence- that having Asperger's somehow makes them smarter.
-They confuse being detailed with being smart.
-They always say dumb s**t.
-They assume social rules are illogical just because they don't care to understand the underlying rationales.
-You correct them, then they go back to doing what they did before whenever you tell them they improved.

I have these problems, but not to the same degree because I'm willing to take on new risks.

The typical aspie will not once ask a girl out because he's a p**** and never gets laid. He then blames everything but himself--Asperger's, society, parents, women, feminism, whatever--even though he never took any risks.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 1:36 pm

Hey- I know all that already but I am trying to counterbalance all that.
As for people asking people for dates...maybe they are just afraid of getting rejected? Maybe they asked someone out and got mocked or ridiculed and just stopped trying?
Ha ha and as for whining about lack of dates, the so called NT male is NOTORIOUS for that. Not that I like to generalize, heh!

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 1:38 pm

I-Return wrote:
-They always say dumb sh**.

this one I'd dissagree with.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 1:40 pm

I-Return wrote:

-They whine a lot.
-They think--without ANY evidence- that having Asperger's somehow makes them smarter.
-They assume social rules are illogical just because they don't care to understand the underlying rationales.
-You correct them, then they go back to doing what they did before whenever you tell them they improved.

I have these problems, but not to the same degree because I'm willing to take on new risks.

The typical aspie will not once ask a girl out because he's a p**** and never gets laid. He then blames everything but himself--Asperger's, society, parents, women, feminism, whatever--even though he never took any risks.

stick around here a bit. You'll find a few aspies that fit your narrow stereotype and thousands that aren't even close

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt74894.html

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 1:47 pm

I just plain don't like most people in general.

dalekaspie
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2008, 1:49 pm

some did but then i realised i had to get along with them because they were like me

I-Return
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Sep 2008, 1:50 pm

Triangular_Trees wrote:
I-Return wrote:

-They whine a lot.

stick around here a bit. You'll find a few aspies that fit your narrow stereotype and thousands that aren't even close

I'm sure there are some who don't, but the vast majority I've met perfectly seem to.

Pretty much any aspie who:
-Thinks of Asperger's as just a slight difference
-Opposes any cure for autism will fit the profile I gave.
-Thinks there are no downsides to having Asperger's
-Thinks Einstein or other notable figures were on the spectrum

will fit my profile

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Ha ha and as for whining about lack of dates, the so called NT male is NOTORIOUS for that. Not that I like to generalize, heh!

At least they try. Typical aspies won't even do that.

Last edited by I-Return on 22 Sep 2008, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I-Return
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Sep 2008, 1:52 pm

dalekaspie wrote:
some did but then i realised i had to get along with them because they were like me

If you want social skills then you should hang around Nts more.

All my friends are NT and are willing to accommodate my Asperger's. I still try, of course, to be more NT for both myself and those around me.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 1:54 pm

I-Return wrote:
dalekaspie wrote:

All my friends are NT and are willing to accommodate my Asperger's. I still try, of course, to be more NT for both myself and those around me.

Do your NT friends try to be Aspies? lol

I-Return
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Sep 2008, 1:55 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I-Return wrote:
dalekaspie wrote:

Do your NT friends try to be Aspies? lol

No, they just act patient. Plus I've learned social skills from being around them.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 1:57 pm

I-Return wrote:

-They whine a lot.
-They're selfish
(lack of empathy).

.. will not once ask a girl out because he's a p****... He then blames everything but himself--Asperger's, society, parents, women, feminism, whatever--even though he never took any risks.

Oh God, that sounds just like one aspie I know! And mind you, I said one, so please don't fight me folks. :D The one I'm writing about here I do think is a p**** and a real jerk! It's only a matter of time before I see ANOTHER thread started by him that goes something like....

"I feel so horrible... I got dumped/got a bad grade/hate my teacher/ect. child @#$. I hate this place, and wanta go home... blah blah..." I'm so sick of it from them, so I don't want to talk to them anymore. :evil: Honestly, if anyone is patient enough to deal with this imaturity constantly, I bow to you! Venting about a real problem is a different matter.

Last edited by LiendaBalla on 22 Sep 2008, 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 1:58 pm

I-Return wrote:
At least they try. Typical aspies won't even do that.

Yeah, if someone is unhappy (no matter who they are) they should try and do their best to correct the situation, you are right about that.

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 2:23 pm

i think this topic is the most offencive off all -_-'
and i self have been true a social life few times you shoulnd judge people by what they say most people who complane have real problems so fine and blame them for it looking at your messages it seems like your the one trying to get attention or trying to lose anger off something mostlikely your trying to feel bether and higher then other people i dont like that sort of people now youll probbely post another offencive message trying to explain your (un)real reasons because you now are offended by me i bet you will do this eather a message like "i didnt meant to offend people just dont like complaners" or "what are you talking about you overthink this" or just ignoring this message

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 2:24 pm

Sometimes, allthough aspies don't get much better along with each other than with NTs.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 3:30 pm

I-Return wrote:

-They whine a lot.

Yes but in all fairness so do NTs.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 4:23 pm

anna-banana wrote:
I-Return wrote:

this one I'd dissagree with.

Well, it's obviously true in OP's case (if he does have Asperger's syndrome).